Friday, February 14, 2014

Finding a reason to dance

Week 5: February 2-8, 2014

We fasted as a stake for moisture. Our Bishop extended the invitation to fast to the other religious leaders in our community. And they joined us. On Tuesday it started to snow. It was a beautiful outpouring of love from our Heavenly Father in direct answer to the pleads. Austin and Emma joined with us in fasting for this purpose. I love the strength this experience adds to their developing testimonies.

Spencer has stayed true to his conviction to be a vegetarian all week. I think its cool that he found something he believes strongly in and wants to do. I've had a talk with Kurt to let him be and not make a big deal about it. It is not a choice that is unhealthy or  will harm him {although Kurt begs to differ and is sure he is going to waste away to nothing. "He's not eating enough."}
Sunday meal for Spence included no roast and ketchup for gravy.

After dinner we took dessert and some house warming gifts over to the Forsbergs new home. It is beautiful and fits their style and personality. I'm happy for them. We had an enjoyable evening which I had to cut short so we could get to bed for school.
Cayson and Austin were writing code that Austin had made up

Result from our nice word money challenge at FHE was revealed. Spencer was the clear winner. I took pitty on Ruth and Lucy because of their age otherwise they would have lost all of their money early in the week. Austin had 3 cents left and Emma Lynn 24. Definitely a good challenge and worth continuing.

We drew names and wrote love notes to put that person's mail box. I was happy to see Austin writing some to everyone and his example carried on to the older kids. 




  
These two seem to hang out during FHE each week. At least they were awake this time.


Lucy is trying to grow out of her naps. With going to get the kids from school and after school activities the timing can be tricky and she ends up falling asleep in the car. She still has crazy bedtime habits. We tuck her in at 8 and then she play or reads books until she passes out at 9-9:30 sometimes later. Its crazy. Doesn't a 2 1/2 year old need more sleep?!!

Kurt and I both had to be at Mutual Wednesday night {both Vale wards were having their new beginnings so I had to run back and forth to both.} We left the kids home to babysit. First time leaving all 5 together. Austin was in charge of Lucy, Emma in charge of Ruth and Spencer had to man himself. Hoping this would eliminate some fighting amongst older siblings. Ruth was asleep and scriptures read when Kurt got home, better than some paid babysitters. I loved finding Austin's checklist he wrote for himself of what to do with Lucy. These are some good kids.

Jane hasn't been sleeping as well. Just waking up to eat more during the night. We have been trying to feed her more baby food to help get her more full. She likes fruit but is not overly impressed with veggies.

We actually spent some time at the library twice this week {Wednesday as usual and Thursday after school because Emma had Academic Academy after school.} Jane continues to LOVE this large toy,

Lucy reading  books unaware of me.
 And how that changes when she realizes I have the camera going. What a ham.



Lucy had a few melt down moments this week. Maybe her poor sleeping patterns are catching up with her. But anyways like a good mom I captured it in photo. Throwing herself down by the treadmill screaming...

And then on a bed {mom is trying to help calm her} and then seconds later smiling and happy. I can't keep up.


With Valentine's coming up next week Emma Lynn started to work on her valentines. She makes a personalized drawing for each person in her class. I hope these kids treasure this piece of thoughtful art.

Ruth's dance studio in Nyssa didn't have class in January due to heating problems. Class resumed this week but for some crazy reason they switched to Tuesday. During Cub Scouts. Arhhhh. Ruth is devasted so we are trying to find an alternative solution. In the meantime we have been dancing more at home in the evenings. Currently we don't have any activities on Thursday or Friday. Whoah. Kinda shocking.

 Had to dig out some 9 month clothes for this little chica. I was in denial that it was time.

 One Thursday she rolled off my bed. Twice. I felt so bad I moved her to her crib for her nap. And there she has slept ever since. Some how she sleeps through Lucy's crazy non-sleeping habits. And some how one of us {usually Kurt} will hear her in the night to fix a bottle. Although he hasn't complained I'm pretty sure Kurt is happy to have his room back.

In preparation for ward conference we had a ward temple session on Saturday afternoon. We brought two sisters with us that would otherwise not be able to go {inactive husbands.} We took them and Jamie to Tucons afterward. I'm pretty sure we made Tami's day. It was a great session to be in the temple with a ward family we've grown to love.


---Romans Reflections---
- Ruth counted to 100 "I can't believe it! I have tears."

- I heard Lucy sing this song:
I love my mom, she is so awesome
I love my sister 
I love success!

- Lucy has really been into Legos the past few weeks. She always builds a phone.

Love this cute centerpiece

2 comments:

Ben and Elaine said...

Elaine says:

I am impressed with Spencer becoming a vegetarian. Impressive for a 7 year old.

Your kids are wonderful, so mature and loving to babysit their younger siblings.

Sorry Lucy isn't sleeping, she sure is cute.

Emma is so thoughtful to draw pictures for every classmate. Lorna sketched a picture on each of her valentines but didn't have time to make them master pieces, we did it in one night. :)

Thanks for sharing. We love to hear how you're doing and see your adorable faces. Love you!!

Elliot and Traci said...

I don't comment enough, but always love the updates. My favorite? Lucy's pictures at the library. She's funny!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...