Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring Break #2k15

March 22-28, 2018

Lucy, Emma & I did some visiting teaching after church while Kurt was making visits. Lucy was lucky enough to go for a horse ride while we were at the Bairs.
 I love signs of spring. I also miss having a tree that blossoms. 




Since we had to cancel our original Spring Break plans to visit the Richards in San Fran due to my accident we went with a very laid back spring break #2k15 at home. Monday was Pajama Day.


Ruth finally gave Marie-Grace the American Girl doll furniture she won 2 years ago. 

 Austin programmed his robot to draw. 


Ruth learned how to jump rope!


The boys play endless board and card games


An of course there was dancing. Changing it up a bit with the chairs. 

Kurt gave a great FHE lesson about the priesthood power to the power of a light bulb. 
We always need to stay plugged in to receive LIGHT.   

Thanks for making breakfast kiddos. They were super proud to recreate their favorite syrup, dad's recipe.


That afternoon we went to the dollar theater in Nampa and watched "Paddington." It was the second time for Austin, Lucy and I. Still a cute movie. They had a special going for kids drink and popcorn so we splurged.




 Jane was not looking good on the way home. 
After we dropped off Amber she threw up all over the place. 
Not so fun. Luckily she didn't get sick again. 


Wednesday Kurt, Ruth and I visited Grandpa Ken in the ICU. He had a few moments of 
unclarity but he was doing better than we thought. 

That afternoon we went to the Caldwell YMCA to swim with the Bairs. It was our first time. I didn't really know the facility and in hindsight it was too much {physically} BUT it mentally was good to go do something I would "normally" do. The kids had a fabulous time. Sure love our cousins. Jane still takes a while to warm up to water. Lucy loved the splash pad {dancing in it.} The boys spent the entire time in the lazy river and slides. Ruth and Emma were both too nervous to do the swim test so they could have freedom to do the slide and other activities without me. I need to convince them to do swim lessons this summer...






Who cares if I have clothes on. I just need to dry my hair. Love that Lucy girl. 



We had access to all the activities at the YMCA so the boys had to try the rock wall on the way out. Pretty fun. I could see them getting addicted to that. 




Thursday morning the boys left on an overnight trip with Grandma Cindy and Bill to Logan to deliver bulls. Austin was motivated to go on the trip because of the food. Oh brother. They had picked out snacks for the trip and new books from the library. I sent them with the iPad to take pictures.

So it was GIRLS day with the boys gone. We had lunch with dad at Chavalitas.

Shopping at Children's Place to pick out Easter dresses. This is the first time I involved them in the process. Ruth choose to use a dress she had received from her birthday {but hadn't worn yet} as her Easter dress and use the money to pick out a pink leather fringe backpack instead. Wowza. 

Soft serve at Kiwi Loco. 

Games at home. we recently got the kid version of Apples to Apples. So much more appropriate for their ages. We love that game.


Friday Marti and I went to the temple. Emma, Ashley & Tessa Jacobs babysat my little girls, Bryler, Kenzie and Tyler {Kelli was at work.} They did a wonderful job and we had a great session/part run. It was so fun to drive up and see a bunch of happy kids jumping on the tramp.

We went into town for a ward party. Kurt picked up the boys from their trip with grandma and grandpa. Spencer had diarrhea and Austin had thrown up in the middle of the night all over Spencer and the bed. And somehow Spencer slept through it all, even being cleaned up. SO SORRY Grandma Cindy. That is so gross. I helped the Primary kids prepare for a very last minute song presentation of "Book of Mormon Stories" then Jane and I took Spencer home. We played "Head Bandz" and "Phase Ten" before everyone else got home.

Kurt took the boys to work out in the field Saturday morning while the girls went to Kenzie's 6th birthday. Emma's Events did a fabulous job planning, preparing, and presenting the party. The birthday girl was happy! It was a success!


That afternoon I bagged 40 pounds of raw chicken, tried to study for a talk before leaving with Emma for the General Women's meeting. We watched the broadcast in Nyssa. I feel blessed to be apart of such an amazing sisterhood. Afterwards Emma caught a ride home so I could help with the stake cotillion and dance. Somehow I ended up being the DJ. That is a harder job than you think. I was workin up a sweat by the end. But I think it was a good time. The stake youth committee is trying to make these things better. We included Musical Chairs and a Photo Booth.  


~~~Romans Reflections~~~
 4 sets of pig tails. I never dreamed I'd have this many :)

I think SISTERS are amazing. 

 Reading on the table, why not?

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...