Thursday, August 13, 2015

Practicing Flexibility

August 2 - 8, 2015

08.02 {S}
Record low attendance in the branch today - both counselors were out of town. Hermana Cruz & her two daughters were the only native Spanish members. President Romans asked everyone to bare their testimony. I was the only one who bore it in English. I really wanted the first time I bore my testimony to be in Spanish. Because of the small numbers and the lack of my preparation I could not. It was very humbling. I have set a goal to bare my testimony in Spanish in September.

Lucy passed out after she bore her testimony. Notice her envelop of tithing money next to her.

Emma really wanted to create something in the kitchen after church. We enjoyed her treat after dinner. Happy to say it was very edible & she was proud of herself. She reminded me of Kurt after he cooks. haha ;)


08.03 {M}
We tackled the enormous job of organizing our clothes. It was a huge process and we created an even bigger mess in the process but, BUT... all of their closets are clean AND we added 3 full garbage sized bags of clothes to add to our D.I. pile. That feels GOOD. I remember {back in the day when I only had a few kids} and I always stayed on top of the clothes and rotated them out each season. Maybe its better to not remember those days...

We also finished packing the playroom, vacuumed, washed walls & baseboards. The new empty space was better than having actual toys in it. hahah I have proof now, toys are not necessary!! They danced, & came up with impressive gymnastics moves.





Of course they insisted we have FHE in that very cool space that night too. Our lesson was on keeping things clean & organization and improvements we want to make with our new move. :)
Jane is our biggest distraction during FHE - every week - If only she wasn't so dang cute all the time.

08.04 {T}
Austin was back at tennis lessons every morning in Ontario at 8 am. His first week was during theater camp week but with other activities {scout camp and fair} we couldn't do a consecutive week. The Rec department was great to let him jump in when he was done with all of it. He continued to enjoy it all week. I'm really glad we pursued this instead of flag football or something else. Brittney & I met at the track to walk before his lesson. I wanted to run some laps but he slept instead. He was very awake by the time we drove over to his lesson. His coolness astounds me.


Later that morning we all headed over to Nampa to get Austin's school uniform pants at Old Navy. We FINALLY found some good fitting pants {shout for joy!} It has been a struggle to find pants that fit him right so I'm very happy with this accomplishment. We had to go to the mens section {30x30} He was feeling a GQ moment with the success.



After we went to Target {where we found cat pants for Ruth to wear to dance - long story short but Tuesday is cat pant day at the studio & lucky us all our classes are on Tuesday!}

Then we headed to Ontario for Spencer's flag football game. He starting complaining that his stomach was hurting. No relief with medicine and he really felt like he couldn't play his game. Less than a quarter mile later he started throwing up - a lot - all on the floor in front of him. I quickly pulled over to help him. Most of it had landed on the floor mat, I had no way to clean it or drive without everyone else getting sick smelling it so I tossed it out & in a farmer's ditch without another thought. A few more miles down the road, "Can I throw up again?" Do you need to??!! That stop made it outside. We had to stop once more, at least we made it to Kurt's store that time. Poor kid. He was not looking good & went straight to bed when we got home.
 
Meanwhile this one is turning into a monkey


08.05 {W}
PROJECT LIFE DAY {off our summer bucket list.} Emma Lynn, Spencer AND Ruth were able to get completely caught up {we had 5 months to do.} I love Project Life that it is so doable with busy lives. Memories recorded & history preserved and they love to look at their books, so worth it.

In between we made 5 freezer meals for our high counselor's wife. She is pregnant with 5th child and so so sick. It always feels good to do service especially when we do it together.

Spencer really wanted to create in the kitchen ever since Emma's debute on Sunday. After promises and replenishing our egg supply he whipped up an afternoon treat. It too was quite tasty. That's one area I don't think about letting my kids be creative in - the kitchen - watching both of them have fun and success I think I'd better open the creative kitchen doors more often. 

Austin tried to go to Nyssa for scouts that night but there was miscommunication and they left without him. He went on splits with Kurt and the Elders instead.

08.06 {Th}
I recruited a few girls to help me clean the Nyssa rental. Austin & Lucy came with. We got cupboads cleaned out upstairs & down so we can start moving a few things in. 




We worked until noon & then tried to get our FREE rootbeer floats at A&W because it was National RBF day. Sadly they didn't start until 2 pm. We bought our own supplies to make them at home instead {plus a quick trip to Sears to buy an oven & microwave for the rental.}

We spent the afternoon getting ready for the RPM BBQ that evening. Not everyone came but definitely not something to stress about. Those that did come enjoyed the food, swim & company.






08.07 {F}
I told the kids we would play on Friday after packing, organizing and cleaning all week. After we found out that the flooring wouldn't even arrived until the 17th {when we are in Utah for the family reunion} and then a couple days after that to get installed - we knew there was no way we would be able to move in before school started. That was depressing but out of my control so we will continue to be flexible. We decided a play day was necessary!!

First thing first we had to unpack, move & plug in our new deep freeze. It took about an hour. 

Then we meet the Forsbergs at the Discover Center in Boise. They had a new exhibit:
                                                 
Everyone loved it - they could have spent the entire day there 
without exploring the rest of the museum. 

 On our way out we had to stop for another 45 minutes to explore again. Jane got super invovled in her exploration. She was basically eating bubbles, that cannot taste good. What a silly girl.









And of course there were our favorite exhibits that we always love:









                                      

                                             

We said goodbye to the Forsbergs at that point and after checking out a Craig's List find {that had been sold already but I found another piece of furniture that was even better!!} we went to Chuck e Cheese for lunch & games. It had been years since we had been there. I remembered why after we got there. It is expensive if you have a lot of kids! I let all the kids use their fair ribbon money to buy game tokens. Jane slept in my arms for the first 30 minutes & then she was just as excited as the rest of the kids to play. Austin loved skeet ball. Jane loved a train ride {she did it 3x in a row.}








Lucy was the only one brave enough {or wanted to} meet Chucky. On the way home all the kids agreed that the Discover Center was still the BEST part of the day. That makes me happy.

We rushed over to Greenleaf to pick up our beef before they closed at 5. Even with traffic we made it just in time! I forget how much meat you get from one steer. Kelli was splitting it with us.

We were suppose to meet up with members from our branch that evening to play {fellowship.} We were stood up. I'm seeing that that is a common theme. It hurts less each time {or hopefully I'm not becoming too callous.} Kurt is amazing.

08.08 {S}
Kurt and Austin went with Nyssa 2 & the Branch to do baptism for the dead. It was the first time Kurt went with Austin. It was a very special experience. 

That afternoon Tammy and I went to the temple & did initatories. We had a nice evening. It was good to feel like I was doing something good again. 

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Jane loves having her hand traced. "Do my hand mom!" After about 8 turns she wanted to do mine.

~ Emma will be in Pointe Prep this year in ballet. She made her own {secret} pinterest board of ballet exercises to help her prepare.

- I love finding love notes in my bed from Ruth. She is so sweet.
- I always love seeing what Austin creates with his Lego mindstorms. Especially because my mind is not mechanical like his. He is usually clever, witty with his creations & has a saying to go with them.
This is a boat that would rock when he turned the gear. "Don't rock the boat baby."

- This is disturbing and makes me sad but I realized I haven't recorded it anywhere {and I'm hoping its just a stage of life we are passing through and it'll be important to remember one day...} Spencer doesn't want me to hug or kiss him. Some days it really breaks my heart but mainly I try to turn it into a game of the most tickling, intense hugging match I can give him. Hopefully he knows he's loved.
- I signed up Austin, Spencer, Ruth and I for the Boise Color Run on August 29th. Ruth has been asking - daily - to go run with me. 
- When we were cleaning the bathroom Jane was in there with us helping. She was looking for the Clorox spray and asked, "Where's the bug spray?"
- Lucy was singing in the bathroom while she was brushing her teeth, "Are you dazzled by the same constipation?" ((the correct lyrics are, "are you dazzled by the same constellation?")) None of us can sing it correctly any more! hahaha

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...