Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas is coming {the goose is getting fat!}

December 17 -23, 2017

Sunday, 12.17

Monday, 12.18

Tuesday, 12.19

The real highlight of the night came for me as we left the shelter. As we were walking down the sidewalk {next to the shelter} to get into our car we passed a lady pulling a small suitcase and although she was dressed nicely she looked distraught. I had the prompting to help her. I didn't know exactly what to do or how to help her. As I saw her head into the shelter I had the thought to help come again. We loaded up in the van and made a plan of how we wanted to spend the rest of our evening. We decided food was top priority and headed to a local walk-up burger spot we saw driving into Boise. When we got there I was surprised to see the same lady we had passed on the sidewalk there. I didn't think a lot more about it as I got the kids situated. Shortly after she approached me and asked if she could talk to me. She didn't want to talk in front of the kids {I appreciated her respect.} Short story told she had just left an abusive relationship and was so hungry. They told her dinner was done when she arrived at the shelter {which is was, we knew that for a fact because we had helped clean up all the food.} She was hungry and asked if I could buy her some food. How grateful I was to have had the prompting to help her and now I knew how! I bought her some food, gave her a hug and told her that God loved her. She shared how she felt guided to talk to me and ask for help. What a tender mercy to see the hand of the Lord in her life. How very grateful I was given the chance to act on the prompting given and to teach my children as we drove away that the Lord knows and cares for each of his children.

Wednesday, 12.20

Thursday, 12.21

Friday, 12.22
Happy 8th Birthday to Ethan!!


Saturday, 12.23






~~~Romans Reflections~~~







No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...