Friday, October 19, 2012

PTC Fall 2012

Yesterday, October 18th we had the kids Parent Teacher Conferences.

I was remembering how nervous I was for Austin's very first conference. That makes me smile to think about now. I was not a single bit nervous yesterday. I know and love these teachers. They are amazing and loving and kind. I cannot express how wonderful it is to know my kids are in good hands while they are at school. I do love Four Rivers. If you can't tell by my daily drive we have are committed to it.

Emma Lynn was first. They encouraged her to talk more and have confidence in her abilities {Spanish.} It made me laugh because Austin never stopped talking and Emma won't. We are all so different. :) Emma is an excellent student and making great strides in second grade. We spoke about a different ideas or a plan to help her when she is nervous or anxious.

For Austin they had high praise for his math and writing ability. He really enjoys his teachers and finds 4th grade to be very fun. There has been a considerable more amount of homework. They both mentioned that he likes to talk and gets distracted. Our goal is to find to fit Spanish books for him to read during Spanish week.

Spencer is a great role model in his class and is anxious to learn. He loves to try all new things and that is especially promising in Spanish. He is above average in all areas of testing. I have seen a greater self motivated desire to read the past few weeks. It is exciting to him and his parents. His teachers said he is always that excited to learn at school.

The kids are always so quiet and so shy during this conference even though everyone is super positive and celebrating their accomplishments and successes. Oh well. I am grateful for a good school.

1 comment:

mom said...

Wow and super wonderful!!! You three are off to a great start! Keep it up good students! Your grandparents are proud of you too!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...