Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Emma's new accessory

On Monday we took Emma to the eye doctor. The weekend of her baptism {last week} she told me her eyes hurt when she read too much or is practicing the piano. So I made an appointment with the pediatric ophthalmologist in Ontario.

The verdict? She needs glasses. Her vision, especially far away is perfect but she is unable to focus close up and it is causing a lot of strain. She has to wear them all the time. Not very likely that she will out grow it.

Luckily she was very excited about this news. She had lots of fun trying glasses on. And we finally settled on the very first pair she picked out: a deep purple. She keeps asking me when I think the glasses will come. I'm really grateful that she is excited and not worried or anxious about it. I hope it continues!


As a glasses/contact wearer since 12 years of age I am a little less excited {but not around her!} Glasses are just a pain. But. I'm glad we got her in quickly and everything figured out. I'm grateful she's excited about this new accessory.

The final choice {and her first pick.}



No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...