Tuesday, November 5, 2013

w44: my sweetest treat

October 27 - November 2, 2013

Its SWEET to have friends over for dinner. It has become a Sunday tradition. This week we had the Rayo family over. Kurt has been given the assignment from the Bishop to help the Hispanics in our ward and to share the gospel with others in our community.Kurt is very excited about it. The kids love wrestling with Pepe and there is always lots of laughs.

Being Halloween week we had lots of SWEET parties to celebrate...whatever it is we are celebrating at Halloween. Starting with a girl scouts on Monday. Activity Day for Emma on Wednesday and the Harvest Party at school on Friday. We like parties.

The donut on the string has come into play a lot this season.


The Cub Scouts made a yummy caramel apple dip. {they are still a wild and crazy bunch.}


I had volunteered myself to help with our ward's super Saturday {what a nerd.} Our items had to be ready to display for Sunday so Wednesday we went to Nampa to get all the supplies. Jane was just about as happy as I was to be in Target. It had been a while since I'd been there. It was quite SWEET to enjoy our time in their without being rushed. The little girls did great. Its a long day to be in town all day plus all the after school activities.
While Jane still has a terrible cough there are lots of sweet smiley moments. She found her voice this week and has been cooing and sighing a lot. Shes super SWEET! A friend pointed out that she has a deep voice. She continues to grab at whatever she can get in her gasp.
I have been trying to be better about giving her more scheduled tummy time as her head control is getting stronger and stronger. Surprisingly she really enjoys being on her tummy but keeps her mouth open the entire time. Funny.

We had a lovely Halloween day. Spencer had picked out some gross sugary cereal for a special SWEET breakfast treat. I packed fun lunches with Halloween theme food and colors. The little girls and I got the house ready for when they came home from school.  Kurt came home early so we could carve pumpkins. I appreciate that. I know he is busy but it was wonderful to spend some un-rushed Halloween time together.


Ruth was happy to use the Sharpie method to decorate her pumpkin.

FYI this is the Wild Kratt symbol {paw print}

Then we ate dinner and got ready for Trunk or Treat. It was so fabulous not to be so rushed and crazy trying to get all the costumes done/on and ready by myself. It helped that a lot of them were very simple this year, the kids are getting older and more independent and only one required makeup.  Super grateful for the combination because it allowed me to enjoy the time more. After they were all dressed I passed out SWEETS from mom and dad {a new book and halloween pez.}




At the last minute Austin decided to be a nerd. We got dollar store reading glasses and punched out the frames and found suspenders at Salvation Army. Done. He spent the night talking in a nasally voice and cracking terrible jokes.






The Trunk or Treat seemed to be at and all time low candy distributors but the turn out was still great. The weather was decent and it was enjoyable to see all the costumes. It was VERY amusing to see people try to figure out was Kurt and I were. Until we were walking together {with Lucy and Jane} it was impossible and quite comical. Two of our favorite guesses of the night were:

- A blind homeless man with a "help-me" sign in Braille
- Walking DOT game. Want to play?


We made it home in good time to get the kids in bed. They did have school the next day although it was their harvest party. Great reports of a SWEET day with school wide stations. The boys really liked making slime, Ruth enjoyed the coloring and Emma always looks forward to face painting. Before she got to school that morning she shared this important life lesson with us, "Never get your face painted by a boy. Steer clear." Funny but valuable wisdom.


That evening we hosted a bonfire for our friends the Drapers {our family photographer} and Forsbergs. It was Brittney's birthday so they dropped the kids off and left so they could go on a birthday date. We burned ALL the trees that Kurt has torn out. It was a HUGE pile. Biggest. Bonfire. EVER. We had a smaller more manageable fire for roasting hot dogs and smores {plus delicious coco and chili.} I really love Maria. I enjoy her friendship and insight. It was a fun night. Kurt took all the Forsberg kids home and I was outside cleaning up. When I came into the house Emma had the kids in jammies and was reading scriptures to them. Love those awwwww so SWEET moments.










It was also the first day of November. I love this month. I have so much to be grateful for! Join me as I record just a few this month.

Day One: I am grateful for my baby whisperer and SWEET morning smiles.

Saturday morning we drove to Payette for Spencer's very first basketball game. He is doing a 4 week league with the Willow Creek team. Braxton and a lot of boys from our ward are on the team. It was really fun {and sometimes comical} to watch. He did great. I was surprised because he has never really played basketball before. But what I loved the most is that he was a team player. He passed the ball to his team mates and helped others get a turn. Braxton made 3 baskets because of his passes. It was such a SWEET cousin moment. I loved it. "Spencer, Spencer I'm open!"



Ruth took this opportunity to make a sign for Spencer and cheer for him. I'm thinking this is a perfect outlet for her current cheer-leading desire. ;)  {Her sign says "Go Spencer" complete with basketball stickers.}


They had a hour in between the games and so we went on a cold fall walk on the Payette beltway. Lots of gorgeous colors.

That evening after kids were in bed I went to Jamie's for a girls night. Delicious pie and conversation made for a perfect evening.

Day Two: I am grateful for BFC {best friend cousin.}

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- "I'm a PARTY." Lucy
- Ruth will NOT stopping talking. It is her new language of spanglish that Emma has dubbed as Ruthese.
- Ruth most often will count in Spanish and say her colors in Spanish. She asked, "what is this called in English again. I forgot!" {yellow}
- Lucy is constantly climbing into my lap and stroking my face. She will then say one of two phases, "You are so beautiful mom." or "Just chililax mom."
-"I'm happy now" Lucy


3 comments:

Ben and Elaine said...


Seriously, the Romans reflections are hilarious. They always make me laugh. Love Lucy climbing into your lap... :) So funny.

You're costumes turned out great! Austin was a great nerd and the smore' group was adorable.

It is fun to have parties, especially during the holidays.

'T' said...

I was a nerd too Austin! It was a quick last minute costume... Although everyone asked if I was Harry Potter with my black glasses.

Elliot and Traci said...

And I am grateful for YOU for keeping this updated! Love keeping close tabs on you guys through the blog. I thought Lucy looked like Madison in her Hershey pose pictures. Elliot said nope, just lots of Emma. :) Love you guys!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...