Sunday, November 10, 2013

W45: My gratitude list

November 3-10, 2013

Day 3
I'm thankful that my hard-working-and-oh-so-deserving husband can get a Sunday nap. Hopefully at some point the monkey next to him will sleep too!


I'm also thankful that family lives close by, that we can visit, brighten lives {mutually} and serve each other. We had a nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa Miles that evening.


Day 4
I'm thankful for the ability, desire and love of running. I officially starting training for the Ogden Marathon on May 17, 2014. Always a good time to be sweaty at 5:23 am. I'm nervous about being able to fit in all my long runs but thankfully I love running during the winter because I don't overheat and I have my trusty headlight to help me see on the early morning runs.


Day 5
I'm thankful for my side kick who makes ALL our every day activities a riot. For example the first snow. She runs outside, "Take my picture mom!"



I'm thankful for sick days and the extra snuggle time it gives me with my kids. I must clarify that I'm not grateful they are sick just the one-on-one time and chances to snuggle. Spencer didn't go to school and we were naughty and went to a movie after Lucy's gymnastics class so we didn't have to make an extra trip home. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. I love a chance to be spontaneous. He obviously loved it.

Day 6
I'm thankful my bestie likes to hang out with me, takes care of me, love me unconditionally and helps me strive to achieve our goals. I got to spend the morning with Kurt and I appreciate having him at my side. I know he loves me and I'm a blessed woman.


Kurt took good care of me that afternoon by letting me rest with bebe Jane while he took over the hectic Wednesday schedule. He is busy at work {always} as they are selling lots of fall pivots projects. I appreciate him taking time off when I need him. In turn he came home with gratitude for my daily duties. What a good trade of gratitude.


I'm thankful I get to watch bebe Jane explore and discover the world around her. She still loves to suck and soothe with her fingers. She is constantly staring at her hands and grabbing onto everything she can. She has also got a lot more active this week with kicking and squirming. I'm trying to warn the kids to be careful where they put her down now because it won't be long before she's moving off!



Day 7
I'm thankful for this beautiful and graceful dancer who finds a reason to celebrate the good and happiness of every day.


I'm thankful that markers in our house are washable. And this is exactly why mothers can never rest. She did it later that afternoon with pen! Ahhh she is banned from ALL writing instruments for a month!


Since Spencer missed school Tuesday he also missed bball practice. He was excited to go on Thursday. We were able to watch. He is enjoying this basketball thing. Emma was suppose to go to play practice {she signed up to be in the chorus of OZ the first few weeks of December.) But she really didn't want to go {to the point of tears} and said she would pay back the money {$70} I paid if she didn't have to go. It will free up the December schedule and I don't want her having anxiety and tears over an extra curricular activity. At least Jane was happy and cute during all running and commotion. Love this fuzzy cuddly bear hat and the sweet baby wearing it.

Day 8
I'm thankful {most of the time} for the time we spend together in the car. We use the time to sing, memorize scriptures, talk, read and of course fight. We picked the kids up from school around 1:30 and headed down the road to Logan for Lorna's baptism. There were more tears that most trips but we did survive and arrive alive. Take the blessings were you can.




We went straight to the Farnsworth's house to enjoy the cousin time and dinner before checking into the Crystal Inn for the night.





 It was near impossible to get all of them looking at me let alone smiling! 

Day 9
I'm thankful that I have had this sweet face to make me smile for 4 months now.






I'm thankful for the covenants I have made and that Lorna made the decision to be baptized. Kurt took the kids swimming that morning at the hotel and then we got ready {showered} and checked out. I spent the rest of the morning helping Elaine set up for the luncheon. Sam was the true hero of day by being Elaine's personal assistant. He help prepare soup and a million other odd jobs to make it as perfect as Elaine planned. In true Elaine style it was planned thoughtfully and as Kurt said nicer than a wedding reception.

The baptism was well attended by family and friends. There were lots of kids in attendance and in truth not the most reverent but there were many shining moments that were touching and tender. I especially loved Lorna's gasp of happiness as she came out of the water followed by a big hug to her dad. It was beautiful.

Lorna had asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost and I was honored to do so. Lorna has a special place in my heart. She is a beautiful daughter of God and I was happy to be apart of her special day. I prepared a gift box with 4 items inside that represent ways the Holy Ghost is gift to us from Heavenly Father.

We went to another church building to have the luncheon Elaine prepared. There was delicious chicken noodle soup and rolls and a pink dessert bar with more choices than imaginable. The kids were clearly in heaven. Other fun touches: the center pieces were wishing trees. We wrote advice and hung it on the tree, a picture wall of Lorna growing up, Lorna's name spelled out in flowers, and a photo booth. My family had LOTS of fun with the photo booth props.



 SO much fun to see Megan again! Wish it could have been longer




{she wrote down all the names of everyone in our family. "This is what I'm thinking about." Then she followed ME around for the rest of the day with the bubble hoovering over my head. "This is what you're thinking about!"}

 Austin came up to me near the end of the luncheon, "I am full of pink delights."







LOVE these cousins!! {miss you Adelaide and Gwendolyn!}

After it was all cleaned up we were back on the road again. Jane was not as happy with the fast turn around but what do you do? We made it back around 10 pm, tired, happy and thankful.


~~~Romans' Reflections~~~
- Lucy feeling my chest, "is your heart going on? I'm giving you a check up."
- Jane gets poor diaper change in the middle of the night by mom.
- what does the fox say? Lucy
- after I tuck Lucy in bed, "please go now. See, I'm using my manners."
- snoring on the movie and dad asks if he's on the movie. "No he snores better than you." Emma
- Darby o'gill and the little people and Lucy asked "are they speaking English?"
- Lucy looked at the table cloth on the table and asked, "what's this burp cloth for?"
- Spencer walks into the room pulls on his shirt and says "this is the real deal."
- I overheard Ruth sadly exclaim to herself, "No one gets my language."


No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...