Wednesday, October 7, 2015

How is it October?

September 27 - October 3, 2015

Sunday 9.27
Today was our Primary Program. This was my first time experiencing the program as the primary chorister. It was definitely a different way to actively view the program. Can I just say what a rewarding experience this was?!! I feel honored to have been involved in the process, work with these kids & bask in the overwhelming spirit that testified. I have been strengthened. It was definitely a proud mom moment as my own kids said their parts flawlessly, gave talks, and sang solos. It was perfect. Our numbers are small but they sang their testimonies with heart and conviction. 


Lucy's Part: Jesus Christ taught us to serve others by his example.
{Side note: later that night Kurt and Austin told me they could hear Lucy singing during "The Church of Jesus Christ" the closing line, "his truth I will proclaim." Lucy was loudly sang, "His truth I will PROPANE!"}

Ruth's Part: Sharing the gospel helps lead others to church. Doctrine and Covenants section 133 verse 37 says, "And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue and people."

Spencer's Part: When I pray my love for Jesus Christ grows. 3 Nephi 18 verse 19 & 20, "Therefore ye must always pray to the Father in my name, and if ye ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing and receiving behold it shall be given unto you."

Emma's Part: "Alma 7:12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."

Spencer and Emma both gave 2 minute talks {that they wrote completely by themselves. Emma's was about how the Holy Ghost can be a comforter complete with example from Snowbird this summer. Spencer's talk was about how he can be a missionary now complete with an experience he had sharing the gospel with a friend. "I told him ALL the articles of faith."} Spencer sang a solo verse of "Follow the Prophet." And both Spencer and Emma sang quartets with their classes.

The branch met at the same time for sacrament meeting because their children are part of the primary. We had a linger-longer afterwards with the Branch and Nyssa 2. I thought it was so great to promote unity and friendship between the two. We both need each other. 


Going to town on her candy from the Primary Presidency for memorizing her part. It was a Reeces, "Mom, can I save one for tomorrow?" When I saw her 10 minutes later she was eating the second one, "I just couldn't wait!"
 Emma's Primary Class
some of Spencer's Primary Class

The Primary Program wiped us all out. I even took a 20 minute nap.
 Spence trying to sleep on top of Kurt {which didn't even phase him!} haha
 I love it when the lively, lovely Lucy passes out in the middle of playing. 

We enjoyed the beautiful evening and watching the lunar eclipse or blood moon. We put Jane and Ruth to bed {Lucy had plenty of energy from her nap.} The others got to stay awake until the eclipse was complete.  It made some of the children a little bit crazy {or maybe it was just the fact that they got to stay up past their bedtime.} Regardless it was beautiful.

Lucy enjoyed her one-on-one time after watching the eclipse. She still loves drawing, currently making portraits for everyone. "Dad, how to you spell your fake name? Kurt is your real name. But how do you spell your fake name - DAD - ??" I love the things she comes up with!



Monday 09.28
I got my fake-name-portrait that morning too!

After telling Kurt that morning that I was just going to cancel piano lessons that week because we were wasting the teachers time and our money without a piano for our kids to practice on. Well he spent the afternoon unloading the trailer, cleaning the trailer and then moving our piano - it is the ONLY thing we asked for help with moving. I'm so glad to have it back in the house. I love the sound of the kids playing and practicing. THANK YOU KURT!!!

We were planning to go to West Fall for FHE that night - we needed to get the camper back to Bill & Cindy's before the hunters were coming. Plus their piano since Kurt had moved ours. Unfortuately Bill and Cindy were still in Boise {shopping for their new house} so we ate the picnic I packed for the drive to West Fall in our backyard and had FHE out there. Ahhhh it was perfect. I love having grass again.



Then Kurt took off for WF and even though we were sad to miss the chance to spend time with them it all worked out for the best since it was a school night. 
Austin was so cute cutting and pasting away for his science hw.

Lucy was dancing which is not unusual but what was so cute is how Emma and Ruth jumped into to help her with her form.




Then of course Lucy wanted to help Jane. Jane does not want to be left out of the dancing fun. She is constantly twirling, "I'm a ballerina. I'm a ballerina!"

Tuesday 09.29
Today I volunteered at the school! This will be my volunteer day {with Jane} while Lucy is at smart gym. I didn't do much {as far as helping the teachers} but I LOVED being with my school kids. We ate lunch together, played at recess, watched Spence score a goal and everyone loved on Jane.






Lucy continues to love smart gym. I got a picture of her in the classroom. It has a very earthy, science feel {Waldorf.}

After school was our first Robotics meeting. It will also be a 4H club so Barbarba Brody from the extension is helping us. She is super knowledgeable and I appreciate her help. We worked on some logistics and then did a 4H science activity. 



We had to take Kolette to dance because her mom was out of town so we zipped straight over to Star afterwards because she is in the class before Ruth. It made it a little dicey to get there on time but in the end it all works out. Always. I took the kids to eat at the Mexican place across the street (since we didn't have time to go home after school I had to feed all these kids somehow!) 




 Love these gorgeous sunsets
This is what the we-finally-got-home looks like. Except its a million times shorter than last year!

Wednesday 09.30
On the drive home from dance Ruth started to feel sick with a stomach ache. By midnight she came down to our room crying, she had thrown up. That is one downfall of having our bedroom so far away. The aftermath was pretty bad. Kurt ranked it the worse yet but he does tend to exaggerate. I will say that being sick from the top bunk is rotten - its super hard to get down in a hurry and anything projectile really flies. Enough about that.

Naturally she didn't go to school. I was suppose to take Tammy to the temple that day - it was the one year anniversary of her husband's death. I felt so terrible that we couldn't go. I don't understand the timing of it all nor probably never will but Tammy was understanding and that filled me with peace. We try to serve and help each other through this journey but ultimately my family service comes first. The lessons of flexibility are always a good reminder. I put aside some chores to snuggle my girls, all three of them.

Currently Jane is obsessed with Ruth's Calico Critters. 

It seems like all the random moments with Jane are just so cute. Just like with all these cute kids we have around here. 

The hill sprints after 4 miles in XC left me tired. I was impressed with Austin. He continues to show determination and endurance. Good on you Austin. I feel like its been a treasure to be apart of this. I'm not there everyday and totally in his space but enough to see and share and be apart of his middle school world. I will take whatever access he will give me. 

After the little girls were in bed and before they got home from mutual Spence created his own little in home gymnastic routine. 


Thursday 10.01
Lucy had preschool at the Drapers, the Letter C. Jane and I just ran errands the entire time. At least I have a good and quite adorable side kick.

Sister Webb spent the rest of the day with us in splits of a sort. As soon as we got home I got a text from the school that Austin had a fever so we headed to Ontario to pick him up. Again the lesson in flexibility. Meanwhile I'm just so grateful it only take me 10 minutes to get there! I put him to bed. And unfortunately he would miss the xc meet in Vale.  

We had Jonathan after preschool until the meet. He wasn't sure about all the dancing Lucy wanted him to do. She has decided to be a bee for Halloween {old dance costume from Ruth} and is now wearing it daily in anticipation. It is October 1st by the way!


Sister Webb wanted to spend all the hours studying Spanish together. Which I appreciate but it isn't realistic as a mom of 6 {remember those lessons in flexibility?!} I got the kitchen cleaned and a double batch of Rice Krispies made for the xc team while we talked about and practiced a bit of Spanish. She is a good missionary with a good and dedicated heart.


Sister Guitteres arrived just before I needed to pick up the kids from school, perfect timing! Emma went with the Robins after school for dance later that evening. So grateful for the friendship these two share. They enjoy their down time after school together.

I left all the other kids at home with Austin and went to the xc meet to support our team. They did really well. The flag I ordered for the team was finally finished & it immediately brought more falcon spirit. haha

That evening when we picked up Emma from dance carpool in Parma we stopped at the HS to watched Kailee's volleyball game. Kurt, Lucy and Ruth came with. They won, she played well and it was fun to cheer loud. She was so surprised and happy to see us. Trevor was playing his JV football game on the field and we were able to see the last 4 minutes of his game {it wasn't as pretty. We will have to try to watch another one.}


Kurt was so excited to find that he had caught a gopher when we got home. There is currently quite the problem in the front yard and I had just bought the trap that day. Lets see how many we will get before the problem is fixed.

Friday 10.02
NO SCHOOL!! Wahoo!
I was on a mission to get more things organized, put away and hung up. It makes my children so happy. Thick sarcasm. Don't worry we make time for moments of fun too.
Spence still has fun even when he's helping. 


We made some cookies for the neighbors {and conference!}

 There was LOTS of LEGO madness going on! 


Kurt came home around 4 pm to take the boys shooting. He wanted Austin to practice and sight his gun before hunting next week. Spence tags along for the male bonding. This is the picture Kurt took when I reminded him to take a picture of their time together.

That evening Kurt and I left for the temple. The sunset before we went in was so gorgeous.


The Roche's were randomly in the same session as us. That was a fun surprise. We went out to dinner together afterwards at Chili's. There are always lots of laughs with those two. 

After getting parts we had killed enough time and we headed to the airport to pick up Kurt's mission companion, Jorge Menidta. He had contacted Kurt earlier in the week. He was in Connecticut visiting a brother on a tourist visa. Things weren't going well there and he was looking for other options. He is trying to find work in order to provide a better life for his family. He has a degree in Education {High School} and Architect. He is staying with us through the weekend and will then move into the Vale rental. It was a happy reunion for these two as they relived the mission days. They served as AP's together. 

Saturday 10.03
The start of conference weekend! Aside from conference in April, my most favorite weekend of the year. We got our conference packets ready, apostle bags set out {minus 3 this time}, the conference board set up and our tents built with the door opened to hear the prophet's voice. READY. I love everything about Conference weekend. I love the traditions we have in place to help our kids. I love seeing my kids listen and take notes. I love being filled with the spirit, strengthen and determined to try harder. A renewal of HOPE. I am always overwhelmed with the sense of LOVE I feel from a God that is so good and so loving and knows me personally. Elder Lawrence's talk, "What Lack I Yet" spoke to my soul and Elder's Holland's and Bradley's talks on mothers, parents were so beautiful and applicable. 












In between session the guys loaded the trailer of items for Tio Jorge {as we call him or just Tio.} Its amazing that we have a home he can use, extra table, bed, couch, washer/dryer. I'm grateful the Lord blesses us with opportunities to be an instrument in His hands.  

The sisters joined us for the 2nd session and hamburger dinner afterwards.

Then it was off to Austin's first priesthood session. Oh conference weekend I love you. 

After they got home we poured over Kurt's mission scrapbook {so glad I took the time to put that together} and introduced Tio to Studio C. Oh dear ...
  


~~Romans Reflections~~~
- when Lucy is hungry, "Can I have a munchable?"
- I will often say, "Heaven Help me." After some sibling fighting Lucy said, "Oh Heaven Healthy!"
- "Let me write my autograph for you!" {{Wondering if Lucy has a little bit of Harry Potter fever going on too!;) }}



















- Ruth is constant in her thoughtfulness. She made this fan for me on Sunday. She asked me this question first, "What do you need?" I couldn't come up with an answer so she made this to keep me comfortable. She makes my heart happy.



















- Lucy is constantly making up her own songs and singing them everywhere. This was a favorite of mine this week, "Oh blood pumps through my body. Through my whole body. Blood pumps through my body!"
- Overheard Lucy while she was playing with Jane: "I'm going to pray for my Heavenly Father's love."
- We found out this week that Patty DeLong would not be able to buy our house on 7th Ave. It was devastating news. WHY???!!! Now I'm trying to set aside the fear so I can exercise hope. Its not easy. 

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

Ruth's fan is so sweet. She is so thoughtful! And Jane keeps getting cuter and cuter! How is that possible?

That's so neat that Kurt could catch up with one of his old mission companions. You'll have to tell me more about Tio. :) Love you!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...