Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Start and End with Cousins

October 11-17, 2015

We enjoy our relaxed Sunday mornings. Cousins made it even better. Lorna got out her nail polish kit and the girls all had fun getting new polish for church.  





We attended Nyssa 2 sacrament meeting so it wouldn't be so late for Elaine to get back on the road. Nothing short of a miracle I was really touched when taking the sacrament and felt prompted to share my testimony. I was sincerely impressed with 3 elderly members who bore their testimonies. Though their bodies were failing them their spirits could not be conquered.

Austin took Jane to nursery and she lost it. He came and told me so I went to check out the situation. I have never seen her so upset. Eventually I took her to Kurt to see if he could try because I needed to do singing time. She fell asleep in his arms. 3rd hour she laid on Spencer's lap in the back of the Primary room. {We learned about the 3 new apostles during sing time.}  By the time the branch sacrament meeting rolled around Jane was at high wreck status. She wouldn't sit with Emma down in the pew so she was with me on the organ bench. That's always a super idea. When I started playing the "sacrament song" I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Kurt was motioning to me. At the same time I realized I was NOT playing a sacrament hymn. I double checked the numbers on the stand to my hymn book. They were the same. I did not have a program nor did I understand the Spanish to know CORRECT hymn was announced. Jane was whining at my left elbow and Ruth had gotten hurt. I played on. I had no idea what else to do in the moment. The rest of the meeting was equally awesome. A little boy started banging on the organ during a testimony {dramatic emphasis needed} and somehow the person speaking did not even flinch or skip a beat. It was wild, slightly out of control & mildly amusing {what else can you do but laugh??!} It seems like the Branch has those moment more often than not. And it is all quite exhausting. Tio went straight home since Kurt had meetings after church.

Emma set up all her Legos and made a great city. 
Oh how the little girls were dying to play with.

The weather was perfect and so we went for a walk together. I wish we could do this every Sunday. While that is not a reality we basked in the perfectness of the togetherness. 
 Ruth is the tiny dot on the left on the scooter. 







We made peanut butter popcorn when we got home to eat during scripture study. Art dropped by and joined us for both. I wish more branch members would just drop by. ;)

Monday mornings are so brutal.

Austin picked our scripture to ponderize this week:


After we dropped off the kids at school we met Kelli in the Red Apple parking lot - she was watching the little girls for me during my hair appointment. The girls picked out donuts for the kids, let's be real, its the best way to start a Monday.

At my last appointment I told my hair dresser I was ready to start dying my hair. I was feeling like my color was mousy, and washed out. I still wanted brown but the color to be more rich. So today was the day to get that done. First time dying my hair at age 35. Emma told everyone that morning I was dying my hair. Kurt was shocked and surprised and begged me not to go red. hahahaha

First of all it took quite awhile {like 2 hours!} But most importantly I love it. It is so natural looking but the color is rich. Exactly what I was going for. 

Afterwards the girls and I headed to the Forsbergs to work on meal prep for Brittany and I. Since we have been exercising religiously we know that what we eat is just as important, if not more! So we are making meals so they are ready and we don't have to worry about what to eat when we are busy.

Now that cross country is over Austin, Emma and Ruth all have piano on Monday. It will simplify things nicely! After Emma is done I drive her to Vale for Art {like we have been doing} but Austin will still be doing his lesson. So when he is finished he runs home from their house {Google map told him it was 2.6 miles.} I actually got home before him but I wanted him to finish his run {still trying exercise and stay in shape now that xc is done.} Gem Ave is busy and I was worrying about him - it was a beautiful sight to see him come over the last hill to our house. Next week he is going to try a short cut he found.

Tio joined us for dinner and FHE. Don't worry the kids were as wild and crazy as ever. There is something about having someone over for FHE that makes the kids muy loco. Ahhh!

Kurt left early Tuesday morning to go hunting for a few days {depending how quickly he got his buck. Wednesday was the last day of the season though.}

Lucy is always overjoyed that its FINALLY Tuesday. Her favorite day of the week.

Jane and I carry on volunteering. Maybe someday the boys will eat with us or at least acknowledge that we are there. Austin did show emotion when Jane gave him her pizza. All the kids adore Jane.

Robotics went well. Austin was prepared with a video presentation. I had went down to the office to get a notebook for our secretary to take minutes when I met up with Barb. As we walked in together Austin had already gotten the meeting started and was leading them in the 4H pledge. Barb was shocked and had goose bumps. He did a great job leading the meeting. I am so excited for the direction our club is going. We are trying to make it as student led as possible and the leadership experience and opportunities make me giddy excited for these kids {and especially my son!}



As we were leaving robotics I slammed my pointer finger in the car door. Just going too fast. I looked down in shock and thought, "Wow that hurts. Did that really just happen?" I knew I could get home without the blood making a mess everyone so I ran into the school and the secretary saw my catching blood in my other hand and came running behind me with the first aid kit. The rest of the day it felt like the fingernail was going to explode right off my finger and continued to ooze blood from under the fingernail. 


But the most exciting news of the day, for at least my 3 dancers is that Miss Amber had the costumes up for the Spring Recital, Dumbo. After class and in between their class they stared and studied it.












She was so cute prancing into class. 

I heard from Kurt that night. They had a successful day of hunting and he got his buck. They were tracking a big one and so he stayed till Wednesday evening for the fun.

Wednesday morning Ruth had a cavity filled. Poor kid. But she is always the perfect patient.  


She cracks me up.
  Swollen and numb afterwards. 

As soon as we were done we met Kerri for lunch. It had been forever and a day since we had seen her. It was great to catch up again. I miss my Vale friends. Ruth didn't go back to school, she was feeling dizzy with a headache so I kept her with me for the rest of the school day. 


Lucy loves her accessories but today she was extra obsessed. All throughout the day adding fancies to her outfit. Multiple headbands at once, bows on a swimsuit, mom's necklaces and 40 bracelets on one arm. Oh I love this girl and her love for life. She keeps me smiling {and laughing!!}

Spencer worked on his whittling card in Cub Scouts. He made a bear out of soap. He was proud of it.


While he was at scouts Ruth helped me stain letters to make my other welcome sign for the porch.

Austin was out in the LASERR club house while we were working on the sign and he came out screaming. A wasp had stung him on his cheek. Poor kid. I got him some ice and Benadryl. It didn't stop it from swelling. Kurt came home in time to take him mutual and attend meetings. 

While they were gone the girls and I exercised together. Emma exercises 20 minutes everyday for ballet and has specific exercises for pointe prep. Ruth loves to run with me and I like that as a family we exercise together. I want my kids to know the important of taking care of their bodies. Afterwards we turned on the music - dancing is the best cardio. I love watching Spencer's moves.




I had to show Emma what Claire had posted on IG that night. We had a good discussion about appropriate picture taking and posting. hahaha

I gave Austin more Benadryl when he got home from mutual. Thursday morning it was a lot more swollen. After devotional Austin disappeared. I assumed he was getting ready for school. When we were loading up into the car I realized he wasn't there and went in his room to check on him. He was passed out cold. He didn't wake up until 10:30! 

While he was sleeping I taught preschool. We did the letter E. Our favorite part was doing the egg drop experiment. I let all the kids pick something they wanted to put inside the bag with their raw egg to protect it from the fall. The first kid chose 1 carrot. hahaha, that was awesome. Lucy and Jonathan's did the best with sugar and flour. Austin woke up during this part and joined us. It was lots of fun!



I bribed Austin to go to school with his swollen face after preschool was over. Kelli dropped him off on her way home. After school Barb held a 4H leadership meeting for the officers. They planned the next meeting and as soon as Austin got him he printed off the agenda from his Google Drive account. I. LOVE. IT.

After folding and putting away 4 loads of laundry the little girls and I went over to Maria's for lunch and nail painting. My finger looked so bad that I decided to do my toes {and Jane's fingers.}

This one was excited that his music lessons finally started! Scheduling wise we couldn't start drums until after xc was over. So this was THE week. He will alternate, piano one week and then drums the next {but practice both daily.}

After we got home I got the kids settled and then left again to go to Kelli Fulk's baby shower in Vale. They are doing construction on the highway PLUS an accident meant I was very late {along with others that were in the same situation.} My dilemma is that I had to get to Parma to pick up Emma from dance carpool. I stayed for about 45 minutes. I'm so glad that I went and was able to support friends. It made me realize how much I miss Vale and the friends I care about and the easiness of serving there. Kurt had more church meetings that night.


Friday morning Kurt took the kids to school early so they could have breakfast together. 

We were schedule to eat with the Forsbergs, Kermit and Lila from AgDirect at 8 am. Ruth had forgotten her folder so I stopped by the school to give it to her. She was happy but it meant I was late for breakfast. They were on the last stage of construction at the Plaza and were letting the kids color on the temporary wall. That was super fun for them. 




After Lucy told them that random guys give her quarters for the gum ball machine every time {its only happened once} Lila gave them all quarters before we left. She is a sweetheart and the kids were in heaven with the grossest gum balls ever.

The sisters came over and helped me study Spanish. I appreciate their help and Sister Guitteres left me some homework to do for next week.



Look how hard Lucy is working too. Coloring has become very serious business for her these days. 

It always feels like a major VICTORY to make it to Friday. TGIF friends!!!

We had a xc party at the Mason's house at 4:30 to celebrate a great season. I made up awards and these gatorades. They are suppose to be the runners {race bibs with their names and medals...idk if the kids got it - candy who cares!}

They were wild and loud and crazy and had a wonderful time together. Austin ate so much junk he was very uncomfortable on the way home. Do you think it was a lesson learned? mmmmm.....


While we were there Marti dropped off her kids so they could go to Baker to get new cell phones {and switch providers.} Happy Birthday Jeff. Emma pretty much watched them the whole time because as soon as we got home from the party Kurt, the little girls and I left for the Roche's in Parma. They were having their bull sale presale dinner that night. Kurt wanted to go and support them. We got there at the end which was perfect. It allowed up to jump in and help them clean up. I'm grateful for their friendship and support and for the chance to serve them. Lucy and the twins have so much silly blonde girl fun.


Saturday was more cousin fun. Especially for Spence since Marti took him back to her house to play longer. Sure love our cousin time. Glad we can still find ways to make it work even though we don't live a mile away any more. 


They spent a lot of time making movies on the iPad. Some classics were made, "BROS"and "DOLLS" Oh my these kids are creative and funny. Kurt and I had some good laughs when we watched them together.

In the afternoon Kurt, Tio and Austin continued on the coral fence building project. I'm proud of Austin for working hard. When it comes to his steers, or fair he does well working. This gives me hope. It is looking good and practically done.


Meanwhile I worked on organizing the shop. I got a lot done but the work is never done. Ruth and Lucy were playing in there to keep me company {Jane was napping.} 

Lucy found a large umbrella and was immediately sidetracked. She ran back to the house. 10 minutes later she showed back up at the shop, "I'm going to the beach mom."

We left at 3:30 for the temple. It was our first branch temple trip. We were trying to get our members there since the temple was closing for 2 weeks. Unfortunately our numbers were small. 

The Spanish session was full so Kurt and I did sealings while, Tio waited and did the 5:30 session in English. Hermano y Hermana Gonzales were able to make the Spanish session. After we finished our sealings we were able wait for them in the celestial room. We were in there for over an hour. It was beautiful. The extra time to be still and listen and ponder was a treasure. Two things that really stuck out to me: Our Father has already given us everything, through the atonement but also promises more, all that he has, if we are faithful to our covenants. And secondly things that are the most important are not always easy. But they are always worth the sacrifice necessary to obtain them. The atonement is beautiful because of the sacrifice the Savior made. My journey to learn Spanish is not suppose to be easy. The process is necessary it part to refine me into the person I need to become.  


~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- The older 3 school kids were talking about the alters they were making all week in language groups in preparation for Dia de Muertos. The alters were displayed at the 4 Rivers Cultural Center museum exhibt {they went down Thursday during school and set them up.} It was fun to see Spence pop up on the school's Instagram feed about it. He also made sugar skulls in class {Emma will next week and everyone else is jealous.}

- Lucy collected a bunch of rocks {with a butterfly net} and arranged them on the porch. She is so excited about her rock collection.


- Spencer's ultra cool secret hiding space {the sectional couch is curved and gives a little space in the corner.} He was back there almost all week reading Harry Potter 4.

- Everyone is excited about Halloween but Ruth and Lucy cannot decide what to be. They change their minds about every other day. As long as it's from our dress up box I don't care. Meanwhile every day is dress up day!

- Lucy says to me, "Bubble Bee costumes are so gasettent." I asked her what that meant. 
"Gasettent means, I don't like it. In French." Throughout the week she has introduced us to many "French" words.

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

The first pictures of your girls doing their nails with Elaine are too cute. That's so fun she could come up and see you all and your new house!

Dumbo ballet sounds so interesting. I really want to see this one, and how they'll dance like elephants. :) Send me a copy of your recording!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...