Sunday, April 8, 2012

School Days

AHHH this week was brutal trying to get back into the swing of "real life" after spring break. We were late every single day to school. Pathetic.

During spring break I realized that we have LESS than 2 months left of school. WOW. Emma was immediately sad. "I just love first grade! I don't want it to end!" And Spencer was excitedly reflective, "Then I can go to first grade. That's what I've always wanted!" It brought me to the realization that I've been so inconsistent with my volunteering this year and I really miss it! Erica Carlson is going to watch the girls for me Wednesday morning so I can come to the school without interruptions. :)


Diligently working on homework.

After both of Emma's teachers told me she complains of her stomach hurting every afternoon after recess every day we made a Doctor's appointment for her on Friday. They are treating her for gastritis {basically inflammation of the stomach.} We go back in 2 weeks to see if the meds have made any improvement.

Third quarter report cards came out on Friday. All 3 had glowing reports. I am so proud of them for working hard, being kind & respectful and learning lots in 2 languages. We made goals of improvement for the last quarter {goal achieved will go with mom to Roaring Springs this summer!} Then to celebrate their hard work we went to Kiwi Loco {a new frozen yogurt place in Ontario.} Delicious! Everyone has it at the top of their list for mommy/daddy dates this month! ;)



As I was driving through Ontario I passed a billboard that I drive by often and noticed it had changed and that 4 Rivers was advertising on it. As I got closer I thought, "that looks like Spencer." I quickly {but carefully} flipped a U-y to take a closer look. It for sure was! What a fun surprise. I texted a picture to Kurt and drove Spencer to look at it after school.



Just feeling grateful for a good school.

2 comments:

mom said...

So Spence is wearing a cap and gown before kindergarten graduation? Perhaps it was for the picture. Cute! Cool Spence is on a bill board! So handsome! Hope the meds help Emma. Enjoy your cute little chickes!!!

mom said...

Congratulations on your good grades! Proud of all of yoU!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...