Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cub Scout Day Camp

Saturday, July 14

As a Wolf Den Leader I had the experience to go with Austin yesterday. Our Stake decided to host their own day camp this year. I don't have anything to compare it to but it seemed to be a success. It was fun to help, watch him and interact with others in our stake.

After a week of triple digits we were blessed with a light breeze and a mild 95. Definitely a blessing.

Archery


Cooking lunch on a home made burner {took a lot of effort from 15 adults but we made it work!}


Austin's account:

My favorite part day camp was the obstickicle course because it was really fun. I learned how to cook a hamburger. We also learned to tie knots. My favorite knot is a square knot. We made neck slides out of leather. Being a cub scout is fun because you get to be with your friends.

1 comment:

mom said...

Congrats Austin! I love cub country day camp! Happy you had the opportunity! Isn't archery fun?

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...