Sunday, January 20, 2013

w2: Meet the Wounded

January 6 -12, 2013

On Monday I FINALLY had my first Dr. appointment. Wahoo. 13 weeks. I have never been that far along at the first appointment. But the holidays made it difficult to schedule. I had an ultrasound and full exam. First of all, I forgot how crazy Dr. Rice is. Haha. Serious. And second I forgot how magical the first ultra sound is. No matter how many times you are pregnant it is still magical to hear {and see} the baby for the first time. I think that I might have gotten excited at that point too. The kids loved looking at the ultrasound pictures, they were quite fascinated. Also worth mentioning is that everything looks good and is healthy at this point.

The weather was wet and snowy and the never let up. Unfortunately I was driving the small car which I don't feel as confident in during the winter weather. It took me 2 hours to get from Boise to Ontario. But at least I arrived safely. The cold and miserable weather continued all week.

Super exciting happenings of the week is that Lucy was showing interest in using the potty. It seems to good to be true. We will see what happens. I'm not going to push it. But she has been telling us consistently for the past couple of days so we will continue to act upon that. Wishin' and Prayin'!



Thursday - Saturday I was gone to Seattle with Jamie to celebrate her 40th birthday. It was a perfect getaway and much needed. Separate post to come.

While I was gone my kids got beat up. Apparently I can't leave. The kids were up at Cindy' while Kurt and Austin were working on his pinewood derby car. Emma was running on the treadmill when Lucy got stuck behind it. Her back, arm and ear are all tore up with treadmill rash. It is not pretty. My stomach went quezy at the sight of it.


Spencer was jumping on the bed when he fell {or was pushed by a brother..} into the wood frame of the bed. Nice gash right on his eyebrow. It was determined that he didn't need stitches. But he did lose his top left tooth via pliers on Saturday night. That is his preferred pulling method. That kid is a crack up!

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...