Sunday, April 7, 2013

w14: Signs of Spring

March 31 - April 6, 2013

Luckily spring has sprung. I was happy to discover the gorgeous and faith renewing signs of spring all week long. I will share them with you.

Signs of Spring: Easter Sunday

Kurt fly down and spent it with us in Overton. Because we were traveling the Easter bunny came Sunday morning {this has never happened before.}



 Lucy very own princess doll. She was SO excited and hasn't put it down since.





All the girls got finger nail polish. Had to paint before church. Pretty.

After a nice meeting in grandma & grandpa's ward we had a delicious ham dinner at Matt & Dawn's. Later we went over to Herb and Pam's to visit also. We left Monday morning around 7am. Again the kids traveled well and it was super nice to have Kurt with us. We had a WONDERFUL spring break. I sincerely loved my time spent with all the family but especially grandma and grandpa. I am blessed to have been born and raised in a legacy of faith and love. They are the very best kind of people.

One truth that really stuck out to me this Easter was something Kurt told the kids as he was bearing testimony to them: without the resurrection we could not be eternal families. How grateful I am for a loving Savior who gave everything so lovingly and so freely. What a beautiful time of hope.

Sign of Spring: boycotting bedtime

This always happens to us after Spring Break. We struggle with the bedtime. We have had that taste of freedom and its sooooo hard to go back. And yet we must for at least 8 more weeks. Ruth prepared a dance performance for us Tuesday night after we had gotten home late from a pack meeting. She had figured out her costume and refreshments that afternoon. So even though it was past 9 pm I couldn't tell her to wait another day. It would have been crushing. And so as the oldest changed into jammies and brushed their teeth Ruth did some lyrical dancing to soft piano music. I was memorized by her grace. I could watch that kid dance all day {and usually I do since that is what she does.}



Sign of Spring: blossoms

I miss our apricot tree and its gorgeous blossoms at our house on Graham. I was so excited to see some in front of Ruth's class studio. I struggled to get Lucy to pause for half a second to take this picture.


It was also "watch day" in dance class. So we got to see their dance for the last 10 minutes of class. First of all, without bragging of course, Ruth is rocking the class. She follows instruction well and executes the moves perfectly. So glad she's having so much fun.



Sign of Spring: sandals

We pulled this out of Lucy's closet before we headed south for Nevada. I have been over joyed to use them this week at home too!


Sign of Spring: Soccer!

Practice has officially started this week. Spencer, for the first time ever, is on a school team {Ontario.} We could not make the practice time for the Vale team work and so he is now with his school buddies and his coach is my friend Angelica. Quite fun. Thursday night after piano AND dance he has practice.


Austin has yet to make it to have a soccer practice. Both boys skipped their games on Saturday so we could watch conference. There will always be more next week.

Sign of Spring: super crazy busy Kurt

Yes. Its that time of year. Where Kurt runs around like a chicken with his head cut off and we rarely see him. The time of year when I wonder why we do this. I need to be a better wife. I appreciate a hard working husband who still makes time for his family and church service. Thursday morning we did a 9am session. Thank you for making time for me when life is insane.

Sign of Spring: General Conference!

This is my favorite. I love conference weekend. We have some well established traditions at this point and it is a great time to connect and bond as a family. For family home evening we each set a goal of something we wanted to learn and prepare to hear about during conference. Throughout the week we prayed that we would be ready to be taught all week. It was a great Conference weekend. Austin wanted to learn more about keeping the commandments and when he heard Elder L. Tom Perry's talk about keeping the commandments he was attentive and excited to learn more. Tender mercies. Personally Sister Dalton, Sister Wixcom and Elder Holland's talk were inspiring and touching. I can't wait to study them further. I feel the blessing of having a living Prophet on the earth. We are a blessed people with nothing to fear.

Working on their individualized conference packets
 Ruth's large drawing of President Monson.
 Apostle sacks {we open one each time an apostle speaks.}
 Group hug! We love conference!
 Emma making a play dough missionary while listening to Elder Andersen's talk.




4 comments:

Karen and Roger said...

I'm jealous you have spring! We're still hopeful it will come to Cleveland soon! Your conference ideas are wonderful! I especially love how you pick something to learn more about during fhe. That is something I really learned on my mission. Way to teach it when they're young!

Joseph Richards said...

loved the pictures. Great photo of Lucy and her princess and in front of the blossom tree. Cool Ruth likes dancing so much and is so good at it. You guys are so busy! All those activities...you are a great mom! And your general conference looked very organized.

'T' said...

That picture of President Monson pretty much made my day! Happy Spring Rachel! xx

Maren Richards said...

Ditto about Sis Dalton, Wixom, and Bro Holland's talks. Those were the ones I marked to go back and review. I also really liked Richard G. Scott's talk (his comments about the link between obedience, service and power). YOU are a POWERful example to me of an obedient servant of God. Love ya!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...