Tuesday, April 16, 2013

w15: Hooray for Medicine

April 7-13, 2013

This subject is just for me. My allergies kicked in during Spring Break in Nevada {who knew, right!} And I could tell a sinus infection was coming on. It progressively got worse. My head was in danger of exploding at every minute and what's worse is my teeth started hurting. I thought for sure they were rotting out of my mouth!

On Wednesday the 10th, I had an OB check up. "Hows the baby?" they asked. "She's fine. But I'm not!" I explained my symptoms and she looked me over and promptly prescribed some antibiotics. Along with Sudafed I am like a new woman. I have never been so happy for antibiotics in my life.

Tuesday we took the Cub Scouts to the Vale museum. Sadly enough my children out numbered our Scouts. But it was very interesting for all and we picked up trash on the walk there and back.



Tuesday night Austin also had his first soccer practice. He likes his team and tells me, "I have a good hard kick." Glad for the exercise.

Wednesday after my OB appointment Kurt and I went to the temple. One thing that really struck me is that: I can be a woman of faith. I have no need to fear. If my remain true to my covenants my children are promised mine. The temple promises are beautiful.

It was endless amounts of stops for parts after the temple. I'm not sure if that will work for future temple trips...I barely made it home in time to pick up the kids.

Wednesday night Kurt and I both had mutual {New Beginnings for me in Owyhee} so Kerri was nice enough to watch a movie with the kids. She is good to me.

Thursday evening we did a training for the YW leaders. Kurt was great enough to meet me in Ontario after Spencer's soccer practice so I could make it on time. I have been feeling some frustration with that calling. It is good for me to learn to be a good counselor. I am also grateful to have responsibilities in our ward to magnify.

Friday Ruth went to Mollie's birthday party and Lucy came with me to teach my piano class. The kids love her {big surprise!} She is cute with them. For the most part it is going well. It can be such a challenge because they are all progressing at different rates. But its been fun to teach again.

One last booth sale after school at Red Apple from 3-6. Lucy helped {I guess we start them young} and she was so cute waving at old men and saying "I love you!" Unfortunately it was still slow.





Saturday morning up bright and early to soccer games. Both boys had pictures that day so we had to be extra early. At least we got a good parking spot. So in true spring soccer fashion the weather was crazy. If the wind would ever stop we would be fine. The boys games were back to back so that was nice. They played well and had fun. Meanwhile Lucy is all over the place including the field. Oh, that girl.





Romans Reflections
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Austin is currently lost in the Percy Jackson series {Book 4} 
-  Austin's imaginary friend "Homeless Bob" pays him $50 to write stories. The money is only good in homeless bobs world of unicorn and popcorn. Yay for imaginations.
- Emma made invitations and text reminders for messy bessy / junito wedding {Marti's cat and our cat. Messy is pregnant and you can't have babies without being married!!} {Unfortunately the parents have postponed 3 times! Next week...}
- Emma and I learned on Friday from a girl in Spencer's class finds Spencer to be "so dreamy! I'm gonna faint." I have sworn Emma to secrecy so Spencer won't know. But still its quite comical.
- Ruth makes time for dance every day. If we are gone all day the minute she comes home she changes into a dance outfit and shoes and requests Pandora. 
- Lucy is obsessed with her barbies, especially their hair. She was stroking her barbie's hair one day while we were driving. Austin was riding Percy Jackson. Lucy starts talking to him.  "Austin. Barbie is pretty. Austin look. LOOK Austin pretty Barbie." Austin is lost in his own world and has not even heard Lucy. But she is determined. Yelling, "AUSTIN LOOK AT PRETTY BARBIE." He looks up, "ya" Luckily that response was enough to satisfy her.  


2 comments:

Joseph Richards said...

Glad you got some drugs. Loved the part with the little tidbits about your kids at the end. very fun.

Karen and Roger said...

ME too! I was laughing so hard from their quotes. Glad you are feeling better!!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...