Saturday, April 6, 2013

w13: Spring Break

March 24-30, 2013

Can I tell you how much I LOVE Spring Break. Goodness to my heart. Mainly because its like a taste of summer. Ahhhhhh. We had a great spring break. I will let the pictures tell the story.

Monday the 25th
We left Vale a little before 8. The kids were A.m.a.Z.iN.g travelers. Seriously. We stopped in Twin Falls and Fillmore. We made great time, no complaints. THANK YOU. Sincerely.

Running at Fillmore

 This monkey would not get back into the car until I took her picture. "Cheese!" Has she been trained or what?!

We got to Matt and Dawn's a little before 8 pm. They enjoyed the great weather and freedom.

Lucy had taken two naps in the car and would not go to sleep. So that translate into endless talking with her. She was laying right next to me, "I love you. {kiss} Beautiful hair. {stroke} I love dad. Where's dad? I love you. {kiss} Beautiful hair. {stroke}"

Tuesday the 26th
We went over to Grandma and Grandpa Waite's at 10 am and spent the day there. The big kids stayed preoccupied with the iPad and TV until Luke showed up and we sent them outside to enjoy the gorgeous weather. We ate lots of creamys. Like a box of 36. Lucy stayed close to me and Grandma. She listened to stories, gave big smiles and "High Fives." She's easy to love. 





Wednesday the 27th
That morning Lucy, Emma and I made a stop at the post office to mail Girl Scout cookies. Then we picked up the other kids including Luke and Kade to head to the Valley of Fire. We did a short walk to more caves for further exploration. It was a great success. Love the photo ops, love the scenery, love the exploration.




 {more pictures to download off the real camera.}

I tried to put Lucy down for a nap when we got back but it was just another talking session for her. Alyx ended up taking the older 2 kids on a hike with her friends. So the younger three and I went for ice cream and then back to Grandmas. Pam and Tyler came over to Matt & Dawns for dinner that night. It was great to see him!



Thursday the 28th
We headed into Logandale for an Easter Egg Hunt. They had it well organized and plenty of eggs. The kids had a great time.


They were divided up by age. Ruth really wanted me to stay with her so I asked Lucy if Drake could help her. She looked up at him and then held out her hand and they walked away together. It was pretty cute. She held onto her apple the entire time. Funny girl.

Ruth found some eggs and then before her basket was completely full she looked at me with a smile and said, I'm done. Ok. So we went over to find Lucy and see how she was doing. So happy to find just one egg.

 These two were in the same group and they cleared house.
 Austin found a coveted prize egg and his prize was this cute blue bunny. He was excited.  

After wards we went back over to grandmas to visit some more. I had asked grandpa if he would tell Emma Lynn some stories about his mother, her name sake. It was really fun. I enjoyed it and learned a lot too. She was a great lady.




Friday the 29th
We went into St. George on our way to Kanab for the Grand Canyon portion of the trip. We went to Target, grabbed some lunch and ate it on the grass across from the St. George temple. That was fun for me to reminisce. We checked out the visitor center and then did a few more errands waiting for Matt and Dawn.




Luckily it wasn't too long a drive to Kanab where we spent the night at a Holiday Inn. We had dinner at Pizza Hut and then Drake took the older 3 swimming while I put the little girls to bed.

Saturday the 30th
Grand Canyon Day! We started driving and I was immediately in awe of the gorgeousness of the surroundings. It was very majestic and different than anything I had seen. During the drive we learned that the North Rim was still closed so we had to drive all the way around to the South Rim. It was a long drive. Again, amazingly gorgeous, but long.


  Here we are, we finally made it! Gorgeous.
Spencer ran back to the car after we had unloaded, pulled out his explorer vest from his backpack and was THEN ready to go. :) Lately this is the only smile he will give me....


 Could this face be any cuter or more excited?!!
 This picture completely sums up Lucy and our spring break trip. She makes everyone smile.



We then had to rush back to Vegas to pick up Kurt who was flying in to spend Easter with us {and drive home together } It made the trip seem very rushed. And more driving than seeing BUT I would still do it again if given the choice. I stand in awe of the creations given in love for us.

It was wonderful to see Kurt. THANK YOU for coming!!!


4 comments:

Karen and Roger said...

Roger: Cute kids!!!! Lucy's hilarious. Congratulations to all on their Easter finds.
Karen: And we love you and your cute faces. :)

Joseph Richards said...

Great pictures! Lucy is quite to poser. I need to get to the grand canyon...looks amazing!

Ben and Elaine said...

Sounds like so much fun! And what cute kids!! :)

Maren Richards said...

I am constantly amazed by you! You are super woman--mom, teacher, adventurer, taxi service, sage, and friend to your kids, all rolled into one. I am in awe! I love you!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...