Sunday, May 5, 2013

w18: R&R

April 28 - May 4, 2013

R is one of my favorite letters. :)
R stands for so many good words.

Riding
Ruth is loving the bike she got for her birthday. She spends any free moment from dancing or dressing up to ride it. Luckily the weather has been fairly mild as far as wind is concerned this week. I love that she has found an outside refreshment that she enjoys.



Relief
On Monday I had a doctors appointment. Brought the girls. Did my glucose testing. Pretty routine and uneventful until Doctor Rice said I had gained 14 pounds since last month. WHAT?!!? To my benefit she thought it was probably a mistake and we went back out to reweigh. My relief was sweet to find that it was indeed a mistake. Baby Jane is doing well, moving lots and staying on schedule.

Record Keeping
We finished the digital photography badge with the Juniors in Girl Scouts on Monday. I was surprised how many girls didn't have access to a camera. I loved sharing my limited knowledge about taking pictures and the importance of keeping a record of our lives.

PS We continue to do Project Life faithfully at our house. It is a beautiful system that WORKS for us. True love.

Responsibility
The past month we have been very dedicated with the dinner time chores. It has been effective and enjoyable. As Spencer and I were preparing dinner I looked over at the table as saw this:


Lucy had grabbed a handful of forks from the drawer and was setting the table. As we walked around she was saying everyone's seats. All of this was unprompted. It was so sweet. It is amazing how good it feels to contribute to the family, to feel needed and help out with your part. That is my family definition of responsibility.

Reprieve
Wednesday afternoon at 4:45 pm I left for Women's Conference at BYU. I debated for weeks about going. This time of year is completely insanity for Kurt. The other sitters I used on the previous trips this year {Seattle, Palm Springs and San Fran} were gone. I struggled with how to make all the details work. I questioned about a million times over, is it worth it? Do I go to the effort and sacrifice to go?

In the end, like always, Kurt encouraged and convinced me to go. He is beyond good to me. The sacrifice was also great for him. But he never complains, makes the miracles happen and continues to support me. Sister Hinckley's quote fits him perfectly:
"You've always given me wings to fly and I love you for it."

I am humbled with his continuous acts of love and devotion to me.

Women's Conference was amazing. YES. It. Was. Worth. It.

Because now I am:
Refreshed
Re-engerized
Recommitted
Refocused
Restrengthen

The out pouring of the spirit and learning is always so sweet. I relished it. It brought back so many sweet memories of attending last year with my mom. It made me miss her but grateful for memories to cherish. I am looking forward to attending in 2015 with her! :) {and anyone else that wants to come!}

I met up with my dear friend Andrea Brown who moved from Vale last August. I really enjoyed spending the entire weekend together. It was great to pick up where we left off and grow in the spirit together. She is a good lady and sweet friend. We stayed in Helaman Dorms and ate at the Commons. I felt like a college kid again except for my large belly. ;)


 The weather was perfect and the campus is so beautiful.

 This tiny dorm room made me SO grateful for my Ricks college dorm!

I got into all the classes I wanted.
Thursday:
~ Auxiliaries United: Work in Unity to Progress Along the Path
~ The World's Greatest Champion of Woman is Jesus the Christ
~ Teach them to love and serve on another, and to serve one another.

Friday:
~ Gathering at the Table: Family dinner the best prevention
~ How Do I love thee? Enjoying our journey as husband and wife
~ Believe, Obey and Endure

Elder Eyring was the closing speaker. It was an extension from his conference talk on Saturday morning General Conference. I didn't realize that till I got home and studied it last night. As disciples we become the Savior's friend and will receive protection.

So I could probably go on and on about my Women's Conference R&R. But to summarize the most influential classes for me were: Family Dinner, Champion of Woman is Jesus and How do I love thee? As I drove home and my study yesterday I have been reflecting on ways that I can implement the principles I learned. I will fortify and protect my family by making family dinner as sacred as FHE and scripture study. I will be a greater support and friend to my husband through our different stages of life. I will be deliberate in my devote, expressions of love and vision for our eternal marriage.

And although physically it was neither restful or relaxing it WAS the perfect R&R for my spirit.
Eternal and Endless Thank Yous to Kurt.

Rendezvous
I rushed back after WC to get home so I could be back for all the Saturday activities. Jen Nielson and I got home at 2 am Saturday morning. SOOOO glad she was with me to keep me awake. It was an enjoyable trip home. Soccer games for the boys in the morning with typical outcomes {Spencer's team won and Austin's lost.}

Then we headed to Boise for Ruth's end of the year field trip to the ZOO! The kids and I had a great time together. It was the perfect way to spend the day after being refreshed at WC.










Romans Reflections
~ When I got home Emma told me she had found a new necklace of mine that she wore on Friday to school. She went and got it to show me. It was my YW personal progress medallion. I was touched. I explained the importance of that necklace and that Emma too would be able to earn her own.
~ Spencer asked the following question as we were driving home one day, "Where do all the directions start? Where does north start?"
~ Lucy calls Mickey Mouse "Mickey Mouth." Adorbs
~ After a bath Lucy wanted her boots on because everyone was outside. I was mean and told her no because she was clean. She start calling, "Austin. Austin! Austin help me! Get boots on. Outside! Austin!"
~ Kurt sent me this picture Thursday morning when I was at WC:
Love Emma helping Lucy get ready in the morning by doing her hair. So tender.
~ The boys went and helped Grandma in West Fall Monday after school. {They were removing rocks from her fields.} This gave the girls a chance to cross off some projects off Emma's nesting list. ;)
~ Austin needed a quiet place to read. This where I found him.
Under the stairs from the mud room door.


2 comments:

Ben and Elaine said...

Daniel says:
So glad WC was amazing and you were able to reconnect with friends. Maybe next year I can join you for all the fun and spiritual feasting. You're kids are adorable. Love them!

Karen and Roger said...

Yeah WC sounds fun! The picture of Ruth and the penguins had me laughing for a long time. Does she not like penguins? Love you lots!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...