Wednesday, May 22, 2013

w20: Do not take for granted

May 12 - 18, 2013

There were a lot of unexpected deaths this week. A lady from Vale {I taught her twins back in the Studio days.} A friend's father. A lady from the ward. Our prophet's wife, Sister Monson. The school custodian's 20 year old daughter. They were all unexpected. It is beautiful to watch people pull together during a crisis or hard time. But more than anything this week I have been reminded:

Do Not Take Life for Granted.



* Do not take for granted the love from my children.

They took good care of me on Mother's Day with lots of cards and gifts they had made in school. I woke up to breakfast in bed from Kurt and Emma Lynn.


These are the other goodies they gave.
                                                                    card from Emma

                        jewerly made by Emma that I wore to church. {pin was made in activity days.}

pen/pencil holder made in school.
From Spencer {the bilar is my favorite part ;)}

                                                     decorated garden stone from Austin

                                                                       large hug from Ruth

* Do not take for granted moments to learn together.

On Monday Emma Lynn had her field trip to the Idaho Power gas plant outside of New Plymouth. They had just finished up a unit on eletricity. It was very educational and very informative but I'm not sure how much the kids got...The presenter {unit director} did not gear his style of speaking or information to kids. Regardless it was very impressive.


                                                                  nice photo bomb Juan!

The control station

                                                                  The power plant

After wards we ate lunch at the park. I think the kids enjoyed this the most! We finished early and I was anxious to get back to Vale to pick up the little girls so I pulled them all out of school so we could go home. With milkshakes first {that's the only way I could convince Emma to leave school early!} It was SO delightful to have time at home. Ahhh summer I can taste you.

* Do not miss opportunities to spend with your kids even if it requires some sacrifice.

Spencer also had his field trip this week. They went to the swimming pool in Ontario. I had a babysitter lined out for the girls and we ready to go. Till she canceled. I struggled to make something work and ultimately knew it would be so much easier if I just stayed home with the little girls. But my heart didn't rest easy with that solution. Christy agreed to watch them and so I rushed to the pool. The fact that I put this pregnant body into a swimming suit is a labor of love itself!

It was fun to do an activity with just Spencer. I left right after the swimming to get the girls but they ate lunch and played at the park. Definitely fun times. We took some horrid pics before I left. But hey, at least the event was documented.

I'm still holding onto the hope that someday he'll remember what a real smile looks like.

* Do not take family time for granted and celebrate their accomplishments.

After spending all day Friday at the school {taught the last keyboard class!} we headed home to relax and also prepare our food for the Art Sale and BBQ at the school that evening. We picked up Kurt on our way out of town. Always so glad when he can join us even if his phone is permenately attached to his face.

I love this event. We have a nice BBQ with entertainment first. A talented marachi band and 2 acts from kids at school followed by a tribute to the volunteers. Then we all go inside to tour the class rooms and see the art the students have been working on. I love the focus on art. I love that each piece is unique. I love that they try new techniques and mediums. I love that they learn about artist as well. Look at what my budding artist have been creating:

             A representation of the seasons by Spencer in first. His winter and leaping penguin are my favorite.  
Emma's fish {very back piece} had us all guessing on the process. Love her "starry night" interpretation.  
Heavy Spanish influence this year {not a big surprise with Sr. Rivas as his teacher.} Great design on his tile.   The best part of all was that I had JUST finishing hanging my art gallery wall in the play room the night before. All it was lacking was ART. They quickly took care of that and I LOVE how it looks!
* Do not take the temple and covenants made there for granted.

On Saturday the Fulks received their endowments and following that were sealed for eternity. I had the pleasure of teaching them the temple prep classes. I have taught a lot of people and they were by far the most enjoyable. Carolyn has been an inactive member most of her life. Her husband Don recently joined the church last year. They are thirsty and just hunger for the truth of the gospel. It was a priviledge to teach their class and to be invited to their special day. It was so sweet. How else do you descibe the joy of the gospel? "Sweet is the peace the gospel brings." My heart smiles with the memories. I love that at any age you can repent, have a change of heart and come unto the Lord. It is beautiful.

We rushed home to take the babysitter home and get the kids changed and headed to a baptism for two people in our ward. A 13 year old boy and a 89 year old man. Again the same message I felt earlier rang true.

* Do not take for granted that blessings come to those who are obedient.

Jolene and I visit teach a less active lady named Janice Page. She has not lived in Vale long. For the past 4 months she has been avoiding us. I knew that she was struggling as she stopped returning calls and texts and wouldn't let us come visit. I was worried but keep praying, and dropping by messages and goodies. We were able to visit her this month on Tuesday! Her countance was completely different. She was happy and glowing. We had an amazing visit {in which she served strawberry shortcake in anticipation of our coming.} And best of all Janice came to church today! I am grateful she is making the steps to become active. We will continue to visit and strengthen her as she is obedient to the covenants she has made. While I take no credit for her coming back to church I love the visiting teaching program and know that it is inspired and essential to the functioning of a unified ward. 
Janice with all the kids and the dessert she served us. So sweet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Romans Reflections

~ Lucy continues to make great strides in potty training. This week we moved from me taking her to going when she told me. Less accidents, More confident, Still cheering, "YaY Lucy did it! Mom can do it too!"
~ When I told Ruth I was going swimming with Spencer she asked, "But what are you going to do with your belly?!!"
~ The kids have been very intriqued with my belly as of late. Jane was moving one night after scripture study and they all took turned feeling her. Their eyes would get big, "I can feel it! She's moving!" Emma and Austin especially ask on a daily basis about the amount of activity I have felt that day. It's like there is always a DR in the house checking up on me. ;)
~ Lucy continues to be more aware of the baby situation than I give her credit for. She lifted up her shirt. Stuck out her tummy as far as she possibily could, pointing to her stomach she said, "My baby is in here."
~ Sisters united in the cause of fashion.
~ Austin shared in FHE that he felt the spirit every day when he had his personal study. His D&C will be very colorful by the time he is finished.
~ We have watched Bryler and Brooke twice a week after Marti went back to school mid April. We have really enjoyed having Bryler around. Its great prep for Lucy. She adores him!
~ We are learning to survive in the sun with this sweet girl. Skin Shield jacket, large hat and sunscreen. We keep them in the car at all times. She is great about it. grateful for that.
~ I found Spencer educating Lucy and Juanito about the finer art of driving the Ranger. Never can start too early.

1 comment:

'T' said...

I love that your cat's name is Juanito.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...