Monday, May 11, 2015

All About Austin

April 12 - 18, 2015

Sunday, 04.12

Spencer drew this in church - hahahah


Austin received a letter from mom and dad for his priesthood count-down.

 The kids obsession with "Annie" continues. Since they couldn't watch the movie they acted out the play. This a scene with Ms. Hanagin. Kurt was not overjoyed with Spencer's make-up. He washed his face as soon as the scene was over.



Monday 04.13
We only had two girls in Girls Scouts. We did some crafts and played a game. Started to feel ready to be done with Girl Scouts. I have been talking to Chelle and Rachelle about having a Lego Robotics Team at the school. They are on board and Kurt & I will head that up. I really want this for Austin. So many involvement in that means my time with Girl Scouts is done. After cookie season this year I was ready.

Austin had a tennis match that afternoon. Marti and the kids came to watch.


The weather was so nice that evening that we had FHE outside on our picnic tables. Spencer put the shock collars on the dogs and they were SO CALM. They sat at our feet and just laid there. Spence was in heaven. He hadn't been excited to use the collars because he doesn't want to hurt the dogs. It was good for him to see that they won't get hurt if they don't go near the wire. It was hopeful for everyone!

Jane got her own pillow pet {elephant} today and she was super excited to sleep on it.

 Still finding random selfies on my phone. Gotta love the gems. :)

Tuesday 04.14


Lucy did a stellar job cutting in preschool this morning. So excited for her progress.

I also may have found a house in Ontario {its on the corner of Butte & Morgan.} I clocked it and it only takes this long to get to the school:
Oh wow that makes me giddy!!! The outside is super nice and I am sure that it is way over our budget.

Wednesday 04.15
This morning when I woke up and was watching Jane eat breakfast I just couldn't handle this any longer:


So after we got back from taking the kids to school I gave her her first haircut. Its precious. And I'm asking myself, why didn't I do this sooner?!! As you can tell from the cheesy smile she loves it too.






Johnny Forsberg came over while his mom was spending time with Cayson for his birthday. Their plate is heavy and full currently and I'm hopping to lighten the load whereever I can.

These two were great helper helped me get potatoes ready for the scout auction fundraiser that evening. I also had a lot of fun putting together two baskets for the auction {Summer Fun and Nail Art.} The little girls and I were able to eat quickly before we had to rush off to pick up Emma from dance in Parma.

Thursday 04.16
 I'm always up for snuggles with my fabulously cute first grader!

I continue to stalk the house on the hill that I'm in love with. I called the owner and we chatted for awhile. We are making plans to go look inside {hopefully soon!} 

Jane continues to have two loves. LEGOs and COLORING. Here is one of her masterpieces. 

Emma finished this painting in art today. It was the first painting where they had complete freedom to paint/design whatever they wanted to do. I love all the bright colors of the flowers. 


I dropped off the FRPS boys at Cairo to catch the bus. Per usual they were super silly. 



 The weather also continued to be amazingly gorgeous and we enjoyed the park during clogging. Jane could stay there all day.

And just for the record: Emma is preping for Mollie's party on Saturday. This is what my dinning room table looks like when Emma's Events is in prep mode. 

Friday 04.17
HAPPY 12th BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!

I decided for all 12th birthdays were are doing the SURVIVOR theme as they enter mutual. We need to base our lives on Jesus Christ to SURVIVE this life!




After we dropped the kids off at school we headed for some birthday fun. Our focus was all things to get ready to receive the priesthood in two days. First up was a hair cut at Great Clips. It was badly needed.



Next up was a suit, new tie, white shirt and black shoes. We went to 3 different stores to get the completed deacon look. Truthfully I was really worried that he would think it was lame, just shopping. But he had a great attitude. He is genuninely excited to receive the priesthood and he wants to look the part. We had FUN together. I am so grateful for his kid and our relationship right now.


He used some birthday money to buy more pokemon cards. The choices at Target were agonizing.

And naturally there was food involved. His lunch choice was Taco Bell. I can remember eating there for his birthday for the last 3 years {at least.}

After school we took Cayson home with us. The Farnsworths arrived shortly after. The older kids took the bb guns out and went ground squirel hunting. Cayson actually killed one. A few hours later Grandma & Grandpa Richards arrived. We always love having family come to town!

 Ruth was busy after school making a present for Austin in my room.
Austin requested homemade pizza for dinner. The olives were used to make an A and the number 12. This is the only picture I got. haha
With a million bodies in the kitchen I threw this survivor {??} cake together. Gratefully Austin isn't too picky.

Because we started late we didn't play all the survivor games I had planned. The adults were starting to get tired. We did the obstacle course, Trivia {about Austin - Spence schooled us all} and Puzzles {riddles, he loves that kind of stuff.}





He opened presents. Spencer gave him ALL his pokemon cards. We are talking 450+ .... super generous.

 Church DVD's and ties and lots of games. 







We love you Austin! You are an amazing young man. Talented, smart, a leader, great with kids, loyal, silly and fun. We are BLESSED!

Saturday 04.18
We finished up Mollie's party and the girls loaded up for West Fall including Lorna, Grandma & Elaine. It was fun to show them West Fall for the first time and visit with Julie, Kelli & Cindy.

Emma did a wonderful job with the games and decor. I love that she has a vision and she gets it done. It allows the adults to visit, stress free and enjoy the time together.










That evening we were suppose to have everyone over for dinner to celebrate Austin's ordaination.
Marti and family were the only one who could attend. So she decided not to come so we could have more time with my parents and Elaine {& cousins.} We had a nice low-key dinnerof Hawaiian haystacks. AFter the little kids were in bed the women watched Maleficent. We enjoyed it.

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- As we were driving Lucy says to Ruth, "Let's pretend we're sisters!"
- Lucy was playing by herself and in full dramatics she says, "No one laughs at the Romans family!" and stomps away
- Spencer: "I want a box of animal DNA so I can do experiments."
- Lucy was sharing with the preschoolers that Jane got her own pillow pet. Jane jumped up and ran away. Minutes later she came back with her pillow pet. She put it in the middle of the sharing circle and laid down with the biggest grin on her face.
- Why are all these people getting dead? {Lucy of course}
- When Jane is ready for the prayer to be over she will say AMEN {right in the middle} and then starts eating.
- When I was tucking Lucy into bed, "Jane is my BFF. What is a BFF anyway?"
- I saved the best for last. I was playing the organ in sacrament meeting. When I went back to the organ for the closing song Lucy followed me up. She sat on the bench while I played. Kurt told the rest because I missed the entire thing I was so focused on playing. Kurt noticed that the first 4 rows were laughing. He looks over to find the source of their amusement. Lucy was posing on the bench, hands in the air in true diva fashion, changing it up every 5 seconds. Someone he managed to get her attention and mouthed "cut it out!" and she folded her arms.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...