Thursday, December 24, 2015

Let the Holiday Party Begin {schools out!}

December 13-19, 2015

Sunday, 12.13.15
Jesus is JEHOVAH: The covenant or proper name of the God of Israel. "Unchangeable one" and "Eternal I Am."

Daily Act: Spread Christmas cheer {and appreciation} to your primary teachers. {Side note: We always have done it the Sunday before Christmas but they tend to be busy with Christmas programs and well wishing. I really liked doing it the Sunday before the Christmas Sunday. I need to remember that to make it a tradition.}

Lori was very sick so I had to fill in for the live nativity practice that night. Some of those songs are difficult. It was not pretty. Being humbled is a painful process. Meanwhile everyone is praying that Lori will get well so I don't have to play.

Ever since we got home from the competition Austin has been using the robot pieces to build. He created this. One side counts the rotations of the back tired and the other side the rotations of the front tires. Clever he is.

Meanwhile Ruth was busy creating a Christmas stocking for Marie-Grace. It is hanging right next to hers. It is adorable.

When we got home from the practice Spencer had written a his Christmas list and them promptly put it in the fireplace. He said that in England or France {he is a little fuzzy on the details} they put their letters in the fire so that when the smoke reaches the north pole Santa can just read the smoke. I think it might have been an excuse to burn something. Just to make sure they made other lists for the front the frig {where they lasted long enough for me to take a picture before they were thrown away.}

We love when Dad comes home! Especially when he dances with us.

Monday, 12.14.15
Jesus is IMMANUEL: Meaning "God is with us." ..."Let your heart rejoice and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing ... eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison." D&C 128:22

Daily Act: make & deliver Christmas ornaments secretly

This week we are ponderizing {from the name Counselor}:

Since we had just had piano lessons on Friday we didn't have them today. The kids decorated the ornaments and then we headed over to Vale for art. Emma and Kurt delivered the ornaments after art. Austin still has basketball practice everyday after school. Kurt and I went to a school meeting that evening about the new 4 Rivers High School or 4 Rivers Senior Prep as it will be called.

It needs to be noted that Spencer has been tearing it up this Christmas season on the piano. Of his own free will he has memorized "Silent Night" and "Angels We Have Heard on High." He plays them for us seriously 30 times a day. It makes me super happy.

Tuesday, 12.15.15
Jesus is the CARPENTER'S SON: "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? ... A prophet is not without honor, save in his own house." Matthew 13: 55, 57

Daily Act: make a present for your dance teacher

That morning Lucy starting working on her present for her smart gym teacher. She was so excited about this project {the wooden letters spell out school.} I love that she is learning the art of thoughtful giving.

Lucy found her old leo and showed it to Jane. Of course she really wanted to wear it. It also meant that she really wanted to participate during gym class. Lucy was practically dragging her out with her. I let her do a few things before we left {compromise.}


Jane and I had a mommy date {at Red Apple} and she picked out her own sprinkle donut. Simple things, Good times.

Then we picked up Austin from school for his mommy date. We took him to the doctor's office, the school said he needed a shot so we were trying to get that done. Sounds like a fun mommy date right? Well lucky for him, he had already had it. So ended up just doing a flu shot {Jane too - she was not happy with me.}
 He had his choice of the Christmas Challenge {like Spencer did} or Kiwi Loco. Guess what he picked.

As soon as Lucy was done with smartgym we ran over to the church to help set up for the Branch Christmas party that evening. Hermana Gonzalez, Hermano Mendez, Hermano Delgado and son, and the missionaries were there. I didn't have a lot of time before I had to leave again {school's out.}

We had robotics after school to reflect and celebrate our success at competition. We discussed what we needed to improve on and we were all on the same page about that. I had to refrain myself from beating a kid when he said that I hadn't told them the presentation was worth as much as the robot. AHHH!!! Luckily Patricia jumped to my defense before I could, "She told us a million times!!" Love that girl.

Then it was off to dance. I left Jane with the boys so she could go to the branch party with Kurt and the boys. By the time dance was over we would get there for the last half. I got a call from Kurt during dance - apparently the missionaries had told everyone {including the entire Ontario Spanish branch} that it started at 6. And they actually showed up on time. So Trevor called Kurt and said they were going to start the opening prayer and get started. The rest of the night seemed a little chaotic as the missionaries continued to take over but not help in the actual laboring or fellow shipping. AHHH! I hope no one kills them before they are transferred. By the time we got there everything was cleaned up. I was able to visit with a few people that had lingered and practice a song for Sacrament meeting Sunday. Communication will definitely need to be addresses with the missionaries. But in happier news our very own Tio Jorge had his first debut as Santa. It sounds like it was quite comical!


While we were at the penny pig library I finished all the Christmas cards. I am making a vow to NOT buy any additional cards in the final hours of Christmas {like I do EVERY OTHER YEAR.} It will never be enough so I just have to stop at some point.
 

Look at these cool necklaces Ruth and Emma got from Miss Amber. They LOVE them. Lucy got some very cute leg warmers. Love Miss Amber and her thoughtfulness.

Wednesday, 12.16.15
Jesus is the BREAD of LIFE: "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever." John 6:51

Daily Act: Host a Christmas Cookie Exchange

Happy 15th Anniversary  to my awesome guy, main man and best friend. I'm so glad you're mine and I'm so glad we celebrate in July. LOVE YOU.
 2015
2000

I was hosting a Cookie Exchange for friends that night {Kurt would be at mutual so why not?!!} Kurt and I had planned to go to lunch together so we could at least spend time together. He told me that morning that the banker wanted to take us to lunch. So the Forsbergs and our banker also joined us for lunch. But at least our banker paid! ;)

Look what Tio finished putting together today!!! Even though it was 27 degrees the kids all ran over to play and explore as soon as we got home from school. It is going to be awesome, especially with the nicer weather.

The kids set to work getting chores done in preparation for the party that night. Ruth was awesome and worked hard to sweep all the leaves out of the carport. I love seeing hard workers!

And of course I hadn't made MY 3 dozen cookies for the party yet so I got to work on that while Emma helped some of the decor details {like setting up the Hot Chocolate bar. That was fun and yummy. Basically just pimping out your hot chocolate with whipped cream, caramel, sprinkles, candy canes, etc... We are going to do one for Christmas morning - I'm thinking new tradition.}


Kurt set up the TV downstairs for the kids, plus pizza and frosting graham crackers. My kids {minus Austin at mutual}, Baylea and Jonathan Forsberg and Tara Rushton's 3 kids were there. 10 people came. I was happy for that turn out during a busy time. We sampled the cookies, voted on most festive, original, tasty, creative and all-around cookie. Somehow my white cherry shortbread won most original {definitely looked like a pinterest fail but tasted decent.} Great group of ladies, diverse group from all over our stake. I loved it. I am always happy having a people come together plus everyone took home two containers of a variety of cookies to give away. Productive  gatherings.



Thursday, 12.17.15
Jesus is our DELIVERER: But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: though art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God." Psalms 40:17

Daily Act: deliver a gingerbread kit secretly

The girls and I had lunch with Kym at Chavalitas. Lucy kept telling her siblings all morning that she was going to Chavalitas when they were in school. And yes they were jealous and she made sure to rub it in. We had a good visit with Kym. Cortney was also there on a business lunch and he paid for ours as well. So nice. The girls in the famous kids room.


It had been snowing all day. Lucy CANNOT pass up the chance to eat snow {fresh or old - still working on that concept with her!!}

As soon as we got home the boys went straight to sledding. They were happy to find the hills around our house make some good runs. Shortly after I had to take Spencer to music lessons. Ruth came with so we could get her some white leggings for the winter performance that evening.


The roads were crazy and everything was slow going. At one point I didn't think I would make it up the hill in Ontario - traffic all around me - and my car wouldn't switch over to 4 wheel drive, peeling out like a madman. Only on a prayer did we make it. We got home late because of the roads, quickly did performance hair and were back in the car.

They have a new dance teacher this year and the kids have not been happy with the change. It showed in the evening. I was disappointed in the program on the whole. Granted I loved watching my kids dance and they did a great job. Spencer always tears it up, Rico Sauve style on the stage. I can't get enough! But with the lack of decorations, no piano solos in between and mostly traditional songs it lacked a Christmas spirit. It seemed unorganized and I was missing our old teacher by the end of the evening also! Regardless my kids worked hard and did their best {unbiased.}








 Like every school performance we had dinner at Tacos Mi Ranchitos afterwards. Complete with the toasting of Jarritos. Kurt drove Tio home {he has never driven in snow before.}



As soon as we got home the boy went straight to making snow-angels. Apparently light is just an optional thing. They did get cold pretty fast and waited long enough for me to run upstairs and take the picture from the balcony.


Friday, 12.18.15
Jesus is our MEDIATOR: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 2:5

Daily Act: Thank school teachers & staff

Let's be honest, we were ALL hoping for a Snow Day. No such luck. It was movie day at school. This year all the movies were in Spanish {English subtitled added. They speak fast!} Its good we had school, it gave us the opportunity to give away all our teacher gifts & wish everyone a merry Christmas. We had lunch with Angelica at the Plaza.

Emotional and physically we were DONE with school and all obligations and so I canceled piano lessons. It was the last one as Janice will be having her baby in January and not continuing so I wasn't feeling too bad about it. Again Austin jumped out of the car to play in the snow. This time a snow throne {apparently he had made one at school during recess too.} It was such a GOOD feeling to be DONE with everything!!!



Spencer and Emma both brought home these stars they had made. This one is Spencers.

Kurt, Tio and I left for the temple around 3:30 in the rain. We did a few errands few before joining a very empty session. Our last time {for awhile} with Tio in the temple. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse afterwards.

Saturday, 12.19.15
Jesus is the KING of KINGS: "Lord, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel." John 1:49

Daily Act: secretly deliver 2 days of 12 days gifts for a family in Vale

Maybe if I didn't go to bed I could get everything done. I was an hour late for the Romans Family party at Bill & Cindy's beautiful new house. I got the primary jars so I could finish their Christmas gift, got 2 days of secret 12 days of Christmas wrapped and delivered, made my rolls and desserts. Plus get everyone dress and ready. Kurt took the 3 oldest up early to pick out their 4H steers, he was anxious to get up there early. But they haven't sorted the cattle enough for them to pick yet so they will go back after Hawaii.

The party was great. The food was delicious. The company fun and the gifts generous. It was awesome to be in Cindy's new house and it is a perfect space to hold everyone. So happy for them! Because of the distance to get there no one was in a hurry to leave and I like that. Let's linger longer well until the kids started melting.

Grandma Cindy got all the kids gloves and ear warmers. They came parading out and sang us some Christmas carols. I love when they sang Silent Night and Spencer accompanied them on the piano.


Ruth wasn't feeling well so she cuddled by Kurt. Jane joined them off and on. Then it was time for the cousin book exchange. I love that we do books and how excited the kids are to receive them.







Presents from grandma and grandpa were spinographs for the girls. Emma and Ruth have  spent a lot of time since and they have gotten really good at making cool designs.



The oldest 3 boys got remote controled helicopters.


Jane got a cool rainbow magnet board.

The little boys got the magaformers and I loved these two using them as sunglasses.

Spencer trying out the gift we all gave Grandma and Grandpa for their new porch {plus a full patio set in the spring.}

Saran Wrap game. It got a little wild I'm not going to lie! Kurt got a cool Boise State hat. I may have taken out my two youngest daughters {clearly not on purpose but why were they standing there?!!}

 Playing with, snuggling, cuddling, loving and sleeping with the babies.






Fun photo booth props with all the grandkids {minus Matthew.}



Helping Kelli make her work light {gift for her Relief Society sisters.} I love team work.

Clearly parents its time to take me home. Ok. Fine.

THANKS for a wonderful party Bill & Cindy!

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Lucy was sitting on Cindy's lap during the kids winter performance, "If my parents were your age they would be OLD."
- Jane has been saying that she wants candy for Christmas. One night when we were tucking her into bed she whispers, "I want legos for Christmas. Legos like Austin." She was grinning so big as she peeked from under the covers.
- Spencer is awesome at leaving his clothes all over the house. He is awesome at changing in nooks and cracks and other small and weird spaces. Which means most often there is a pile left behind. I found such a pile before the recliner in the living room. There were multiple items, this must be a current favorite change spot. I could start a new document: places spencer changes
- This is what our porch is looking like currently {I know you were wondering.}

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

I'm so glad you have snow and we do not. Still! Your Romans family party looked fun. Jane with her mittens and ear warmers was too cute. :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...