Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Just another day in Paradise

January 3 - 9, 2016



 The beautiful leis we received in RS. 
 Look black sand!!
 We were really good at taking awkward couple pictures ALL WEEK! 




This was the most adorable ranger at the Volcano National Park. I loved listening to her presentation. Informative and seriously so cute. "I've worked here 2 months and I still haven't seen any lava. I just really want to see lava."
 This place was so surreal and awesome to explore.

 Lava tube created by air pocket during lava flow



My exploring while Kurt was in his dealer council meeting.









Because of donkey crossing signs Kurt spent the entire trip looking for burros. He finally found it at the temple. You can find all your answers at the temple.
\


 Finally found some shaved ice!!

This hike down to Captain Cook monument was awesome! I loved everything about this adventure. And I was really grateful to have willing friends to adventure WITH me! The signs in Hawaii crack me up!






 Torn towel badges and hair wrap












We arrived in San Fran Friday at 4 am. We passed out in the airport until our 9 am flight to Boise.


 Karen and Lucy met us in the airport. It was SO GOOD to see that cute face again!!

We went home and hugged Roger and Jane before Kurt and I picked up Emma Lynn, Spencer and Ruth from school. I went back after Austin when bball practice was done. I love happy reunions!! We enjoying telling them about the trip, showing pictures and giving them the presents we brought back.

 Spence loved his ukulele and Roger helped him find chords on the internet. He has been plucking away on "steve" {yes, he named it} all weekend.



 Lucy dressed up as a Hawaiian princess. 

At 4 am Saturday morning Kurt took Karen and Roger to the airport. I'm sad that our time was so short with them but eternally grateful for their service, love, example and bonding with my children for a week. That is priceless to me. Thank You, THANK YOU!!!

The rest of us were up at 6:30 to start the dance recital hair and make up process. We were at the College of Idaho Jewett Theater by 8:45 for dress rehearsal. I love being able to dance pictures and video during the dress rehearsal so that I can enjoy the show that afternoon. In between we grabbed some lunch, tan tights, and more bobby pins {some how there are never enough of those things!} Kurt met us for the show with the boys and Jane. Bill and Cindy also came. The girls did a wonderful job. I could watch them dance all day. It's always so rewarding to see their hard work and time pay off. Love Miss Amber. Love my dancers. It was 100% worth it to come home for this. Time with kids, especially supporting them is priceless.





We went out to eat afterwards at Golden Corral and then the dollar movie theater. It was wonderful to do all those things together as a family. I can't even remember the last time {if even} Kurt went to the movies with us. It doesn't matter that both of us fell asleep during the movie {red eye jet leg is a hard thing. haha}



Finished the night with a Spencer mommy date to his Jungle Book auditions. He nailed his song choice of "Noche de Luz."  


No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...