Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy Thanksgiving Day

This is what the table looked like on the morning of Father's Day.


I printed 50 different pictures of Kurt with the kids over the past 7 years. Ironed Sunday shirt (FYI I'm doing good on my support his new calling resolve to always have his shirts ironed), new tie and my present to him:

These pictures matted and framed for his office.

{starting to slowly step a few toes into the world of Photoshop.}

In the frig was a box decorated for Father's Day with 5 boutonnière that I had made for the Bishopric and Executive Secretary & Ward Clerk. I use the beautiful roses and ivy from our yard, borrowed florist wire and tape from Viola, watched a video on youtube and then set to work. I enjoyed doing it.


The Bishop sent them all home shortly after church so they could be with their families. We had a nice dinner of roast and potatoes. Emma Lynn said it was like Thanksgiving there was so much food. I think that is completely fitting ~ we have so many reasons to be thankful for our dad! {Important side note: I realized how much I rely on Kurt - I cannot make gravy without him. Yikes!}

He had more church work to do after a short nap so our "Why We LOVE Dad" party was on hold until he got home. Each kid bought an item of something they wanted to do with him for a Daddy Date.

Austin bought the game Scrabble.


Emma Lynn picked out 2 water noddles for a swim date.


Spencer really, really wanted to go camping. So he got 2 roasting sticks and supplies to make smores.


Ruth picked bubbles!




As soon as dad came home we welcomed him with "I'm so glad when daddy comes home." Complete with actions and lots of hugging and kissing.

We are such a blessed family to have such a diligent, hard working, honest, funny, loving, devoted dad. WE LOVE OUR DAD!

2 comments:

'T' said...

how fun Rachel!

TulsaT said...

Yep, you sure got a good one. I like adding Thanksgiving to the name of Father's Day. I think it better describes what the day should be.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...