Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer = Camping

The summary of last summer was camping. And so for our family Summer = Camping. Camping = Summer. With all the rain and cool weather and my hermit-like desires not to leave the house it seems like we got off to a slow start to "summer."

We got out the tent the weekend before girls camp to air it out. Naturally the kids wanted to sleep in it. First camp out. {kids - Emma + dad}

{Rooster did great so that got me excited to do some official camping!}

Second camp out. Girls camp (June 22 -25.) After I was released I was called as the Camp Director. It was good for the most part. Semi awkward at times trying to be considerate and not step on the new presidencies toes. And something(s) about the whole event made it easy for me to be done with YW. The bishopric spent all day Wednesday up at camp and so I really enjoyed having Kurt there. Good times and good to be done. {HUGE Thank You to my mom, Elaine and Karen for their fabulous help with the kids! U R amazing!}

Third camp out. Father/Son Outing (June 25-26.) Both boyz were so excited to go! They had a great time and I appreciate Kurt taking yet more time off work to be a wonderful dad. The highlights were killing a rattle snake (the rattle is still sitting on my kitchen counter) and the water slide.

I'm definitely seeing more camp outs in the near future...
{we're always up for friends to join - call me if you'd like to attend!}

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...