Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crispy Springs

At the end of every school year the elementary kids are given a free pass to the water park in Boise. Plus I had 2 adult tickets (that we won at an auction.) They expired July 1st so Becca and I made plans to go today.



With our 4 kids a piece plus 2 of Johanna's friends we had a total of 10 kids in a busy, crowded park full of water. That made for a work out for the out numbered moms! It was a constant scan - count - breathe, scan - count - breathe relationship.





So I've completely decided that until your kids are old enough (I'm thinking like 10) to appreciate water rides it is not worth it to go. Sooo overpriced. The great water park I discovered in Nampa last summer is sooo much cheaper and just as fun for my kids' ages/stages. But regardless we had a fun day, we just won't be going back any time in the near future! ;)

Lake had his last baseball game so Becca had to leave early. She also took LeBraun, Austin and Rooster with her. That left me with 6. We had fun in the wave pool.



Johanna encouraged Emma Lynn to go down a slide by herself {WOW!}


And Jacqlyn and Emma Lynn sun bathed to stay warm {it was only 80 degrees and breezy.}


But most unfortunate of all Spence and I fell asleep waiting for Johanna and friends to finish their last ride. We were only asleep for 15-20 minutes but it was enough for me to get FRIED. I am so lobster red, so crispy, its going to be a painful next few days.


Speaking of painful:. Tuesday afternoon Rooster went outside without her shoes on. Then I heard her screaming. She was out there less than a minute but had HUGE blisters on the bottom of her feet from the HOT cement. I didn't know that could happen! Poor baby. She didn't walk much for the next 24 hours.


Another random thought: Austin spent the night at LeBraun's after roaring springs. His FIRST sleepover. I won't lie, I had a hard time with it {of course he didn't.} I didn't want to do sleepovers away from home E.V.E.R. Ya, well it happened and everyone lived. But like roaring springs it will not be a frequent occurrence.

4 comments:

'T' said...

cute little fishies! poor baby ruth, hope she heals quick.

Kelli said...

Looks fun! (and exhausting!) You and Becca were so brave to take on so many kiddos at a water park. I hope Ruth's foot is ok - ouch!!

Marti Bair said...

And you still are suffering from your sunburn. I remember getting fried as a child when we went to the water park. They are some of my best childhood memories.

TulsaT said...

We just had a friend come over and her little boy burned the entire bottoms of both of his feet on the slate tiles on our back porch. He had to get both his feet wrapped at the urgent care center and wont be able to walk for a week.

I knew it could get hot, but I had no idea it could do that. I feel awful.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...