Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Beginning

Can you believe that it is already the beginning of July? It's time to do some self reflection on how our summer is going.

Vale does a great job having activities the weekend of the 4th of July. I love our country. I love living in a FREE nation. And I also love celebrating that with my family.

Saturday they are having stick horse races for 8 and under. You buy a wooden stick horse kit from a local business in town and then paint it. So with Tiffany, Lilli and Hoss that was our project this afternoon.

The beginning


Creative Process at work

{Important things to notice: adorable Madison - Traci and Madison came to watched and take pictures for us. :D The color of my legs - present from Crispy Springs that matches so well with my shirt. Naked boys painting - we still got paint everywhere. Gotta luv that preschool room, no worries in there!}

I'm a big believer in creative expression. Each kid had a definite idea of what they wanted. I wasn't surprised that the girls took longer and were more diligent. But I was surprised with Rooster's commitment to painting her horse. She really did do the whole thing. I just added the finishing touches.

The Finished Product

Ruth's pink ROOSTER


Emma Lynn's multi-colored RAINBOW


Spencer's blue HERO & Austin's white SNOWY

{Sadly I didn't capture a picture of Hoss and Lilli's final materpiece - check out Tiffany's blog!}

Marti, Braxton, & Brooke came over just after we finished up for some water fun in our sprinklers.

{Can you spy any bum crack?}


Thanks, Marti for always having snacks!


{Ahhh, these two are just so cute!}

After having Grandma and Grandpa Romans over for a BBQ we met up with the Johnsons and Marti & kids for the opening night of the VALE RODEO.

Marti presented the kids with a present of ultra cool sun glasses before we left. Check out these super cool cousins!


It was the first time we all went together as a family. We had a really enjoyable time! This is why: it wasn't too crowded (translated not too many dunks), the weather was perfect (76 and breezy) and we came prepared with LOTS of snacks!






We love Tyler!


What a great beginning to July & our freedom celebrations.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Does this mean that I need to update my blog??? AHHHH - maybe after the 4th!

Kelli said...

Looks like such a fun time! Lots of water/sun/games. Just why summer is so important! The kids in their sunglasses crack me up.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...