Thursday, July 8, 2010

Trying to supress the urge to gag

Tuesday Spencer got his 4 year old shots (which he was completely brave for and did not even cry!) After he was finished the nurse annouced, "Spencer's ready for kindergarten!"

Are you serious?!! Please lady, I'm trying to deal with my daughter making that step next month. {Just typing the word "next" makes my stomach turn knots.} No need to shove the fact that Spencer will be right behind her into my face. Let's play nice here!
......

We walked into Wal-Mart only to find the SCHOOL SUPPLIES out in full force. Being a preschool teacher school supplies bring me a slightly scary amount of joy. {I love finding packs of glue sticks so cheap, I love the smell of a new box of crayon, not to mention the eye candy of colors, ahhhhh...} But it's July 8th. School supplies now? Are you serious?!!! Let me enjoy the rest of my all-too-short-summer in peace!
.......

And last and for sure not least, I know that any day now there will be a letter in the mail box for Emma Lynn. A letter about kindergarten. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited for her to start this journey! And I'm excited for her to find out who her teacher is, and who will be in her class. But even with all that excitement that knot in the pit of my stomach keeps growing and growing. yikes. Austin received his letter on July 10th {yes, I did go back and check exactly which day his letter came.} That's 2 days away.

4 comments:

'T' said...

I have a deep love for new school supplies. I just want to breath them in and look at them! I don't think ours are out at Wal*Mart yet, wow, it does seem a bit early. Good luck with back to school prep.

mom said...

Today is July 9th. Hmmm how could Austin receive his letter already? It must be late or I'm tired.
Too early for school suppies in my book. I like office supplies, cousin to school suppplies! :-)
I don't want to think about Spencer going to Kindergarten. Let's concentrate on Emma.

The R Crew said...

Mom, Austin's letter for kindergarten came on July 10, 2008. At VES they only send out letters to the kindergarteners to let them know who their teacher is. All the other students find out the week before school starts.

TulsaT said...

I always do a special afternoon with each kid to get all the school supplies, a new outfit for the first day, a new pair of tennis shoes, and then we go to lunch. Savannah is so excited for her first school shopping date, she can hardly stand it. Its special, one on one time. I try and do lots of talking and lots more listening. Its one of my favorite traditions.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...