Monday, July 19, 2010

Couponing Commitment

Last Thursday night I went coupon shopping with Marti and Renae Bair. We got home at 1 am and I was amazed with how much money I saved. I couldn't sleep when I got home after all my goodies were put away. I wanted to find more deals! A few days later after I got home from my camping trip I put together my coupon binder and committed to getting 6 Sunday papers. Now that is total COUPON COMMITMENT! ;)

As Kelli said, "You've been so anti-couponing. What happened?"

Reality hit when I saw our toilet paper and paper towel supply almost gone in our food storage room. I knew how much it would cost me to replenish my stash and I wasn't sure where that money would come from. And I also knew of the amazing deals Marti was always getting on every day items. I knew I needed to try it. Plus the one factor that made couponing such a turn off to me was TIME. With no preschool and no yw I simply couldn't use that excuse any more!

I really enjoyed Thursday night. It felt like a special treat to witness the coupon guru duos in action.

So today I went to Rite Aid by myself and got a few deals. It felt amazing to walk out of the store having accomplished it without holding someone's hand. A box of 325 wipes for $2 is a fabulous feeling.

Ya, I'm hooked.

5 comments:

'T' said...

wish i knew where to start. are you done teaching pre school???

TulsaT said...

Yep, couponing is my new addiction. I love to see how much money I have saved. Its worth the time.

Check out www.thekrazycouponlady.com

Marti Bair said...

Yeah! I can't wait to go together again sometime. Let's plan on next Tuesday night. We can rock the double's world!

Kelli said...

traitor

Tiffany said...

Teach me!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...