Monday, July 19, 2010

Back 2 School Mommy Date

I had a Dr. appointment in Boise today so I invited Austin to come with me for our Back to School Mommy Date. He was definitely a trooper to run all my {couponing} errands and hang out in the waiting room during my routine physical. Don't feel to bad for him because we did make time for a good lunch and his requested activity: Build a Bear!

All the other kids have done it so he has wanted to do it since March. He has had the whole thing planned out. He choose an owl, accessorized with glasses {wisdom} and didn't need shoes {b/c owls fly!}

We picked out a new backpack and a few new clothes for school. We also made a stop at Deseret Book b/c I had a gift card I wanted to use. We were there for an hour and a half. In the end I was waiting for Austin to finish up!

2 of my favorite moments from our date:

~ That my 7 year old is not too cool to hold hands with his mom in the mall.
~ Knowing my son finds as much joy as I do in spending time in a book store. And sharing it together.

I love spending one-on-one time with you Austin. You are a wonderful boy. I know I take that for granted mainly b/c I know your potiental. I hope that I can be a good mother to you. I will always love you!

1 comment:

'T' said...

ha ha. that's my andrea, so black or white in their thinking... why would you buy an owl shoes when they don't walk?

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...