Friday, July 30, 2010

Strawberry

Karen's friend from the mission, Jessie, came to visit. He got in Wednesday night. Karen and I were trying to brain storm great ideas of things to do while he was here. Strawberry Lake is my special spot in Oregon, I'm always happy to share it. We planned a day hike. We didn't get out of Vale until 11 am.



Once we got there we ate lunch and then started the hike up to the lake.


A little caterpillar came to say "Hi!" to Austin.

Emma Lynn had one of her famous-but-pretty-rare-these-days melting moments. You can not reason with her when she gets worked up. Ruth was already in the backpack and I was not carrying her up the mountain. I held her hand and literally dragged her up the trail (her feet were moving of her own accord so it was not a painful child abuse situation) while she shrieked and screamed all the way. Disturbing the quiet sacredness of strawberry. {{oh, it requires great patience. deep sign.}} Ruth sang with me all the way up to help ease the situation. At times she would put her arms around me and lay her head on my back, giving me a hug. It was so sweet and helped me carry on. The second Emma Lynn saw the blue of the lake she immediately stopped crying and ran down the trail happy as a lark. If only we could see the lake during the entire hike!



Tyler was a great help with Spence. {Thanks Tyler!}


I LOVE Strawberry Lake. It always makes my heart happy to be up at the lake.





Jessie showing Spencer how to fish.





After spending the day at the lake we hiked back down to roast dinner of hot dogs and smores.




I love to share strawberry.

1 comment:

Marti Bair said...

Ok I just looked at these pictures and it makes me want to go there right now. I need to make it before summer is over.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...