Monday, June 21, 2010

Matthew Thomas

Within the first 24 hours of his life Matthew Thomas was diagnosed with Down Syndrome. Julie noticed it first and questioned the Doctors. They confirmed her speculation to be true.



The hours and days to follow were difficult for their family.

I was able to meet my new nephew today. He is so beautiful.





There was such an immediate spirit that I felt as I walked into his hospital room. And as I held him. And every single time I talk about him. I know that he is a special spirit. His life will be pure, he has no need for temptations and he will return home to our Father in heaven. I know he will be a source of joy to his family and will bring such a strong spirit in their home.



I wish that it had happened to our family. For many reasons. But it didn't.



I know that Heavenly Father loves and trusts Jeff and Julie beyond measure to have sent them two such special, valiant spirits. What a blessing.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...