Saturday, October 16, 2010

My favorite hat

A mother has many hats to wear, many roles to play.

One of my favorite is being a classroom mom. I still dislike that my children have to go to school ALL day long so this is my little peek into their life at school. I would be completely lost without it. I love getting to know their teachers, their classmates, eating lunch together and making my presence known in my child's education.

This week I started volunteering in BOTH Emma and Austin's classrooms.

I go to Emma's class on Monday morning. Kurt made the comment a few weeks ago that he can bet that Emma is such a joy to have in class. At first I thought it was just another typical proud dad bragging statements, "I have the best kids ever!" But after seeing her in action I have to agree with Kurt. She is such a diligent student. She follows directions, is smart, is reading, does her work with exact perfection and it is always beautiful and flawless. And she is making strides with overcoming her shyness. Emma Lynn is rocking the kindergarten school world.

I go to Austin's class on Friday mornings. Last week was Spanish week. By the time I left my head was throbbing! It's hard when you don't understand anything! I have a whole new respect for Austin. He was the only one at his table who got a 100% on a surprise spelling test, and he has raised his hand to answer questions. I love that his teacher is so excited for him and that we celebrate all his achievements. His English teacher is also fabulous and has a plan to keep him challenged and learning.

I am so pleased with my school kids. I am so grateful that the teachers welcome me into their classrooms so I can be apart of their lives.

1 comment:

'T' said...

hats off to a super mom!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...