Sunday, October 10, 2010

My family tree

My father has the spirit of Eljiah right now. You could even say he is on fire. He has hundreds of names ready to take to the temple. He sent Kurt and I five names to do a few months ago. We have been busy doing each step of their temple work. Friday night we did the final step and each ancestor was sealed to their parents.

The spirit was sweet for me in that sealing room.

I felt a connection to these distant family members with whom I am now eternally connected. I enjoyed the journey I could take with them. That I was allowed to do their work, step by step, and for the opportunity it gives me to remember the covenants I have made. I love the beauty of the plan: our kindred dead need us to do their work and I need them so that I can return to the temple often.

I am excited for the next group of names we get to work on.

{{side note: if another daughter happens to grace our family she will be named after Jane Tomlinson.}} Thanks dad for connecting our family tree.

2 comments:

Elliot and Traci said...

Very cool. There are some Tomlinson's in our ward. They are GREAT people.

'T' said...

We're enjoying the new family research site also! We have been working on family names, and it's so neat. Jane is such a beautiful name, I love it. Jane Tiniel? Yea, that's good. Um, kidding.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...