Sunday, June 5, 2011

Piano Recital

Austin had his first official piano recital today. In January he started taking lessons from a lady in our ward, Lori Nelson. It has been great.

We walked in just as it was starting so I tried to quickly and quietly find a seat. When I sat down I realized that Austin wasn't with me. All the other piano students were sitting up front together. I assumed he was with them. I kept looking for him but couldn't find him. Finally Cindy caught my eye and said that he wasn't there. Where was he?!!! Just about that time Kurt came in {he just finished up with a stake meeting in Nyssa} and Austin appeared from the hall. I motioned to Kurt to get Austin and bring him into the room. He got seated just before it was his turn to perform.

Kurt told me he was shaking and his hands were so sweaty. So naturally I started to worry for him because he was so nervous.

But he was did so GREAT! He played, "Toy Soilder," "Blue Bells of Scotland," and "Star Wars." He had all his pieces memorized and didn't make any mistakes! I had to work really hard not to cry, knowing how nervous he was but that he was able to overcome that and do the best he could. He was pleased with his performance and was beaming afterwards. So proud of you Austin!!!

3 comments:

'T' said...

good job austin! and scout camp sounds like a lot of fun.

mom said...

Happy for you Austin. I remember my recital days. You do get so nervous! It's good to just concentrate on the music and forget the people! Happy it was a great success for yoU!

Elliot and Traci said...

Just finished reading about your trip! Fun... but so COLD! I am glad you guys had such a good time. Love seeing Emma's smile. Great job, Austin! We're proud of you!! And Rachel, can you make sure you have Lucy by the 27th please? I really really want to see her. :) As for the hike up to Straweberry, we're in!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...