Friday, August 19, 2011

Start of the Kinder-First-Third School Year



Whew, the first day is over. It feels so much better now that its over. We did it. The kids had a WONDERFUL first day. There was such happy, bubbly, not-over-the-top-crazy excitement in the car on the way home. It was fun to listen to!

The very first thing Spencer said to me was:
"I didn't get in trouble!"

Definitely didn't think it would be a problem bud.

Another funny conversation:
M: Spencer are their twins in your class?
S: No. But there are 2 girls that look the same.
M: Spencer, that's a twin! lol

But it can all be best said from their own mouth.

SPENCER Gene Kindergarten



{he requested this shot.}

I love school. And I have a good teacher named Senora Brito. And I have good kids in my class. My favorite part was lunch and recess. I made friends with all of the school. Everyone in the class I mean.







Emma Lynn FIRST Grader


It was great!!! Because the teacher is really nice and I already made a new friend. My teacher's name is Mrs. McDowall and my friend's name is Claire. I liked recess because I got to play with Spencer. I like my classroom and the art project that we did. I really love school.



Austin R. THIRD Grader


My day was awesome. I had a lot of new kids that were in first grade last year in my class. My favorite part of the day was filling out a paper about me. I was about to cry when it was time to go home because school is so fun.


Ready for another fabulous year with our favorite Mrs. White and Senora Mason.

All I can say is that I'm so grateful for my 2 little ladies still at home. I think we are going to have a really fun time together. Roost was ruling the roost. :D She loved being in charge of Lucy, the role of my special helper and little buddy. She just chattered at me all day long. "Mom, I just love you." Not exaggerating she probably told me that at least 20 times. Its safe to say she won't have any problems adjusting.

To stay busy today we went for a run with our new-to-us {thank you craigslist} double jogging stroller. Roost is my personal trainer. She was so excited to ride in it. "Faster mom. FASTER!" When I turned around to run back home she quizzed me, "Why are you turning around? Don't go home yet. Keep running!" Yikes. I really have my work cut out for me.



We spent the rest of the day busy doing service and before I knew it it was time to rush to Ontario to pick up the kids. My heart is aching but so grateful too. I have an overwhelming feeling its going to be another super school year!

4 comments:

Joseph Richards said...

looks like fun...the stoller looks cool! Ruth is a good cheerleader!

mom said...

Love the voice box signs that say what grade they are in, clever! They look beautiful!!! Milestones and special days.

Karen and Roger said...

Haha! Oh man, rooster's so great! I love her "encouragement" as you ran. I loved reading this because I could hear her voice as I read it. She's too cute.

Maren Richards said...

Haha! Go Ruth! That's what I need, a little mini personal trainer. Care to share? :) So glad the kids had fun first days. Spencer just cracks me up!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...