Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sweatin 4 Sarah

The 2nd annual Sweatin for Sarah race was on Saturday, August 27th. I made the effort to go support both Sarah and Jamie. Both are great ladies that I love.

Since Lucy is just about the worst traveler ever I decided to take Austin with me to help her on the drive down. So right after we had breakfast with Spencer at school on Friday (Family Fridays welcome families to share breakfast) we hit the road. They all did GREAT - we only made one stop in Burley! I was amazed {and very, very grateful!}

Elaine and kids came down also and we had a nice visit that evening at Grandma Richards'. We went to bed at 10 pm {unheard of!} we must have been exhausted. The next morning Grandma, Elaine, Daniel and my peeps headed to Salt Lake for the 8 o'clock race.

Grandma and Austin registred so they could run/walk too. Austin ran the first mile with me and then he started getting tired. And complaining. And holding onto the jogging stroller that I was trying to push forward. At that point he went with grandma {THANK YOU!} Before leaving me he declared, "If they have this race again next year I'm NOT coming!" Apparently three miles is a little too much for him. Me too. Yikes that was brutal. The whole time I was "running" I kept wondering how I ever ran a half marathon. Lots of work to do {mild understatement.}

But like last year it was a special, emotional and spiritual event. Sarah is sweet, grateful, humble and so loving. And it radiates. We're praying for you in this battle. It was pretty cool to share this with my family this year. LOVED IT! Thanks for coming ladies. You are fabulous.


Still fresh and sweat free before the race.


Plenty sweaty afterwards.






3 comments:

'T' said...

great DIY projects, and who is sarah? best of luck to her.

mom said...

Love the pics! ha ha
It was a great morning!

Ben and Elaine said...

It was a wonderful weekend. Thanks for inviting me and making memories. Can't wait for our next race together. :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...