Sunday, February 10, 2013

w6: Welcome Baby Bair

February 3 - 9, 2013

So I really wanted to title this week "Single Parenthood Part 2" but really how repetitive and unoriginal can I be? But if you want the honest description of the week that would be it.

Monday I started the "Simple Meals" badge with the Junior Girl Scouts. The first thing was to make a simple breakfast {fry or scramble} an egg. I happen to have a egg source ;) so that worked out well. It turned out very good and I made them all crack their own eggs {the scariest part!} But it made me think, these girls are all Austin's age. Can he cook an egg? Ruth can do it because she loves to cook and spends ample time in the kitchen. That would be a great goal before the baby comes this summer. I had a nice text on Saturday when one of the moms of my girls said the girl scout awoke early so she could scramble eggs for breakfast for her parents. Love it!

Tuesday Kurt left for an electrical class in Roseburg, Oregon. This is the third time he has tried to take this class and it actually happened so I guess its a good thing. It was a super boring class full of info he already knew. BUT he is now officially certified and that is a great thing.

Tuesday is also the Cub Scout day. We are preparing for our big Blue and Gold banquet on the 19th. I am in charge of the table centerpieces {it is a pirate theme} so I helped instruct the leaders how to teach the boys to make a ship out of a milk cartons. They definitely look like they were made by Cub Scouts but I guess that's the point.

So after picking up Emma from art {she has it during cub scouts} we went straight to the basketball game at the High School. I had not made it to a game yet this season and I am limited to a very few amount of games left so we went! Ah, it was crazy. The 4 oldest kids all found friends to play with so that was helpful {Austin: John Wolfe, Emma Lynn: Jam-O from school, Spence: Nick and Jake, Ruth: Elli} So that left the very active Lucy and I to watch the game. At one point she ran out onto the court. Ahhh! Apparently shes gonna be a player. Embarrassing. We got there early enough to watch all of JV and V so we didn't get done till 8:45 pm. Since we went straight to Cub Scouts we still had homework and feeding to do when we got home. Yikes. I don't know how families go to every game, keep their kids on a good schedule and get all their homework and practicing done. I'm glad we made the effort to go and support the girls in our ward.



Wednesday I had a Dr appointment so I took the kids to school on my way to Boise. The school kids never like this because we are always late when I take them. I tell them if they help me in the mornings we wouldn't be late. :)  The girls and I stopped and got a car wash on the way to the Dr appt because we made good time and since the frozen tundra has been thawing we live in a muddy mess. Trying to wash off a little bit of the country before we stop in the city. To be honest the free vacuuming was the biggest incentive. The inside was desperate.


The girls were excellent during the appointment. We listened to the heart beat {150} plus she let Ruth hold the duplar. That made her feel pretty great to help. Everything is going like clock work {except for the fact that I gained 6 pounds since the last visit. Gotta stop that non sense!}

We stopped for breakfast at IHOP afterwards. Lucy continues to charm everyone with her smiles and impeccable manners. Her language mastery is getting to be quite impressive. She can communicate so well and it is a blessing. She will also repeat just about anything which the kids think is hilarious. Ah the joys of being a younger sibling. She has started praying with help, its so precious. She can start and end by herself. Its always pretty joyous to watch your children learn and grow in the gospel.

We ran a few other errands {including a sippy cup for Lucy - no more bottle! and her very own panties.} before it was time to head back and pick up the kids from school. A little Valentine prep and the girls continued to be so good. After library and gymnastics we rushed back to Vale and met Kerri at the house because I had a New Beginnings to go to. I love that part of this calling. We have wonderful YW and leaders in our stake. I am blessed to rub shoulders with them. So grateful for good friends that are willing to help me without wanting anything in return.



This is the precious sight I came home to. Awwwww


Thursday Ruth had Elli Jacobs and Brooke over after preschool and it was super cute to watch these sweet girls play together. Lucy did lots of running to keep up.

Cindy took all the girls when it was time for me to leave for Ontario to pick up the girls. That was nice and so I decided to treat my school kids to something fun. We ran over to the theater and watched "Wreck it Ralph." We have wanted to see it for just about ever so that was a fun treat. Then rushed over to Spencer and Emma's piano lessons.


Friday was spent in the kids classrooms before my second piano keyboard class in the afternoon. It is a fun group, it might be a challenge to keep them contained {or just NOT give them chocolate ever again!} We had the missionaries for dinner that night. That was fun because they stay with us twice a week but we don't ever get to eat with them.




Kurt sweet talked his professor into finishing the class material on Friday so they were able to get home a day earlier {at 2:30 am!} We are grateful that he is home! And that his season of travels is over. Phew. Just bracing ourselves for spring and what that means in the pivot world. So life as a single parent: Wake up early and run around till the kids are a sleep at night and then immediately pass out. I sure appreciate Kurt. He makes daily so much easier.

Another super exciting event that day: Marti went into the hospital at 5 am to be induced. And at 5:45 pm after a very long day and intense amounts of pushing and finally using suction Bryler Gene Bair was born! He weighed in at 9 pounds 12 ounces and 22 inches long.

Saturday Kurt was at work and I had the day planned with Jamie in Boise. I couldn't find my recommend so that threw a kink in the plans. Luckily Kurt is ever calm and full of solutions. He interviewed me and then I went to President Jacobs' house. Since I was already late I decided to stop at the hospital to meet Bryler myself. He looks like a Bair. Very precious and sweet.




I finally met up with Jamie and we had lunch at Tuscans and then on to the temple. It was a very sweet experience for me. I was chastised by the Spirit something that was long over due. Just a little bit about that experience so it can be recorded. In all honesty I've struggled to be happy and excited about this pregnancy. Some in part because of how I've felt physically and also due to concern about what people will think. I have gotten caught up in how the world views a mother/family of six children. I am grateful that the Lord loves me enough to remind me to get back on track when I lose focus. I am grateful that the Lord knows me and is patience and ever-loving. I am a righteous mother in Zion. That is my calling and a part of who I am. I am not ashamed of my identity or the gospel of Christ. I have known very strongly for a very long time that this spirit is anxious to come to our family. I am excited. My heart is humbled and over flowing with gratitude.

From the temple I went straight to the adult session of Stake Conference. It continued to be an outpouring of the spirit and I'm so grateful for the strengthening of spirit. Did I mention that I'm grateful Kurt's home and our family can be together again. There is such wisdom in the plan, a man and wife, working together as a team to raise God's children. I function better with my greater half.

Lucy was making us laugh {per always - her personality is quite similar to Spencer's in the fact that they are happy, easy going and people pleasers.} But as we are laughing Spencer says,
"She's a cute-heart isn't she?!!"

Last Sunday {fast Sunday} the kids and I started a new tradition. I've been using Project Life to get back into scrapbooking our memories/family history and during the week the kids asked if they could do their own Project Life book. Spencer said, "I want to take it when I'm big so I can show my kids." Perfect. And because PL is such a simple concept they really can do it at this age. I am amazed that we pulled it off and that it was a success. My plan is to do it once a month with them {although Spencer was asking me today to do some more...}



 Austin was typing up an essay one night for homework. In Spanish. It just really struck me as BIG. He's growing. We have been working hard the past few weeks to make sure he turns in ALL his homework assignments. Hoping to help me reach his potential and happy he is trying harder.

Ya and this one just because. She does not know how to eat without ending up like this. Might be a problem...gotta love this messy bessy.


3 comments:

Elliot and Traci said...

You are so busy!! Looks fun though. And thanks for the bonus picture of Lucy at the end. That was my favorite. :)

Karen and Roger said...

BAHAHAA!! Oh man, what a great picture to end on! That Lucy is so funny! I loved hearing all about your very busy lives. And thanks for sharing about your temple trip. Although our situations are different I was having some similar feelings. This quote helped me: “When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses? When the surf of the centuries has made the great pyramids so much sand, the everlasting family will still be standing, because it is a celestial institution, formed outside telestial time.” ― Neal A. Maxwell. Love you!!

TulsaT said...

You are super, duper busy. How you juggle it all amazes me. Always has!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...