Sunday, February 17, 2013

w7: How do I LOVE Thee? Let me count the ways!

February 10 -16, 2013

We make time to see Grandma and Grandpa Romans once a week during our various after school activities

1. I love how the kids are learning to interact, think and show love to others.

Monday night we had a Girl Scout Cookie Rally. Kurt also had a meeting {FFA advisory board.} Since we got done with GS at 4 I didn't want to go home just to turn around and come back over for the meeting. So we stayed. It was a perfect chance to visit. The boys and Ruth ended up staying while we went to the Cookie meeting. Ruth had been feeling off all day. This is how I found her when I returned.



and Lucy passed out during Girl Scouts that afternoon.

2. I love how patient & understanding the little girls are about all the activities they are hauled around to daily/weekly.

Tuesday Ruth and I spent a lot of time getting the Valentines ready. When you count up 3 classes of 25, Ruth class of 12 plus mine to preschoolers, teachers, aids and family its a lot of Valentines. Its a good thing they are fun to make.

Tuesday was the last home basketball game. This time we all went together. 

3. I love how you make time to spend together.

It was against Nyssa. Huge. It was an intense game. I don't know how parents handle it. I'd have an ulcer. Luckily we won. Emma, Spencer and Lucy are quite the cheerleaders {as long as they are fueled with Skittles half way through.} 

Wednesday was Valentines mania. First we started with the preschool party. Ruth had a new dress to wear and was SO super excited about it! We did all hair extra special {just ponytails is special for Ruth haha!}



Thomas gave everyone in the class a single rose {his mom owns the local flower shop.} He. Was. SO. Embarrassed. I had to say they were from his mom and NOT him. ;) But all the girls especially LOVED it. They felt so special.

4. I love how beautiful you are. Especially on the inside. It radiates.



Then we rushed over to Ontario to spend the rest of the day with the school kids who were also having their parties. We ate school lunch with all the kids. All I can say is that it wasn't a treat and I'm grateful for my kids sake that they eat food from home. Austin was so excited to take Lucy to recess and Emma wanted Ruth to come to her class for the rest of the day. These are heart sighing moments for a mom.

5. I love how you love each other.


So by the end of the day Lucy was pretty much crazy with a combo of no nap and an overload of sugar. She runs around that school like she owns the place. She pretty much does. Emma had ballet and Austin piano so the youngest three and I hightailed it out of there.


She only continued the craziness at the library so we wisely skipped gymnastics so she could calm down and Emma went to Activity Days. It made her uBer happy to arrive on time. Love that punctual girl. 

6. I love how excited you are to learn the gospel.

Wednesday was the last day of school for SIX DAYS! Hollar. Love this little winter break. The kids and I decided to go to McCall {in our timeshare} for an overnight getaway. Thursday was Valentines so we had our traditional Valentines hunt after we all cleaned and packed for the trip.










7. I love how we can work together as an amazing team when we are happy and helpful. 
We can accomplish so much!

We had a great trip. It was relaxing. We went swimming that night. The water was not as warm as I would have liked but we adjusted {eventually} Lucy was stressing me out. She is so independent. She didn't want me to help her but she didn't like drowning when she tried to take off by herself. So the happy agreement was having her climb up the stair and over to the side to jump to me. Over and over again. It gave her enough independence to make her happy. The older three were content with their water games. The rest of the time was consisted of bathes, food, books and Disney channel. I had to take the remotes to bed with me to insure the TV was actually off. I am SOOOO extremely grateful we do not have TV. A little OD on this overnight getaway is fine. Grateful for the lifestyle we have chosen.





We drove around searching for ice sculptures from the McCall Winter Festival. It was a beautiful day. Thanks for a fun get away.

8. I love how we can have fun together as we explore new things.



Saturday we spent time cleaning and organizing {now that the second trimester has given me more energy and better health my To-Do-Before-Baby-Comes house list is LLOONNGG!} Spencer helped me organize the master bathroom cupboards while {without asking} Emma cleaned the kitchen and dinning room. What super helpers!

9. I love how you are hard workers.

Kurt came home a little early so they could catch Blade {yes he escaped from his pen a few days earlier.} We spent lots of time riding on the ranger this week looking for him and trying to coax him into the pen. So glad it has been nice weather. But anyways they caught him and took him for a ride. Unfortunately Ruth was the first one to ride and he threw her off. She landed on her head and was very upset but gratefully not hurt. Talking about it today she said she would ride him again. I just feel blessed that she wasn't hurt.

Then Kurt and I headed to the temple for a wonderful date night. It is a perfect way to spend time with your soul mate.

10. I love how you make the temple covenants & attendances first in our lives.



I love my family. I am a blessed woman.

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

You are a blessed woman! Sorry Ruth feel off Blade. :( That happened to me and I don't know if I want to get back on a horse. The swimming pictures are too cute. Especially all wrapped in their towels. :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...