Wednesday, September 4, 2013

W36: Quest for Health & Wellness

September 1-7, 2013

This girl loves corn on the cob. 

For Labor Day Kurt labored at work (shocker.) The kids and I cleaned in the morning and then took Kea and met up with cousins at the bowling alley. We took two lanes and divided up big and little kids. It was great that Madison could come too. Bowling seems to be a current favorite activity.


Kea really wanted to see a new movie about a band she's obsessed with. It was rated PG so I gave permission for her to invite the girls to go with. Spencer, Jane and I went to "Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters" and Austin and Madison went to "Planes." (I sent Lucy home with Marti - Thank You!) Talk about divide and conquer. I really enjoyed our movie and everyone else seemed equally happy. Austin did great with Madison in their movie. They were holding hands as they walked away together. When complimenting him on how well he does with little kids he told me, "I'm the thee and under baby whisperer."

A few activities started this week as we continue to progress into "normal school life." Cub Scouts was the first on Tuesday. We continue to have a small pack of Wolfs {only 3.} Birthdays are coming and we will be getting more so enjoying the small numbers while we can. Our pack is notorious for having lots of sugary unhealthy snacks. That doesn't fit in with my new standard of eating so I brought the boys grapes and guess what, they loved them.

I am a huge fan of our late start Wednesday mornings. Austin and I went running. He is not doing any sports right now so he is going to run with me to stay active.




We ran a mile and I realized two things:

1. I've really REALLY missed running.
2. We both have lots of progress to make but its gonna be a great thing to do together.

The 3 oldest started up piano at Nancy's on Wednesday right after school. This is Austin's first time to have her as a teacher. He has practiced every day since {without asking} and even one morning BEFORE school. This is unheard of for him. I am SOOO happy and praying it will continue.

Thursday Ruth had her first ballet. She will continue going to Nyssa for class. Emma's class will be on Wednesday at the school. Clogging on Monday in Vale. Also on Thursday I finally made it to Boise for my 6 week appointment. Everything looks good and Jane had lots of cute smiles.




We were given some peaches. So I worked on preparing them to freeze on Friday morning. I realized how I've missed canning too. It is rewarding to take the time to ensure your family has good food to eat.

The exercising and clean eating continues to go well. I am so happy with our efforts and although I don't feel skinny I feel GOOD. Clean. Healthy. I'm excited because I know as we continue this process because I know it'll only get better and more natural. Kurt has lost 10 pounds and I have lost 6. And what I love is that we are doing it right by exercising hard and eating well. I want this to be a lifestyle change. The kids have done well and I am grateful. I made avocado pasta one night and it was a great hit {largely because  I used wheat pasta and they didn't avocado was in it!} The quinoa did not go over so well. But I'm determined to try again and be more sneaky this time. ;)

Look at the excitement in buying cherry tomatoes! Yum

Friday after school Austin went to Daniel's house for his birthday party. I'm glad that they have remained friends even though Daniel has moved up to prep school. The rest of us headed out to West Fall to see Bill and Cindy. Kurt needed to GPS some pivot points for pivots they are putting in. We had a great evening visiting. It is beautiful and serene and quiet in West Fall. At this point in my life I could not image living there. The trailer looks nice and the kids recognized many of grandma's decorations and things that made it instantly feel grandma's house. We had a nice meal together and Ruth, Spencer and Emma Lynn spent the night. Mollie came down to and that was even better. My favorite part of the evening was when the kids wanted to walk down the lane to Mollie's house to ask if she could spend the night. We sent them with a walkie talkie in case they needed. Emma Lynn was in charge and gave us a play-by-play. "We are passing a rock now." "We are coming up to the cattle guard." "We are now passing the cattle guard." "Just took attendance. We're all Here!" Cindy and I had lots of smiles listening to their walk.

Setting off on the walk. 

After leaving West Fall we went straight to Ontario to pick up Austin from the birthday party. It was a sleep over and since we don't do sleepovers we came to pick up late that night. He had a great time and it was fun to hear about his night. The whole thing felt too grown up. Picking up your kid at near 11 pm and listening to their night. Glad he could have fun even though he didn't get to sleep over.

Lucy has been a little off this week. More whiny, tired, clear runny nose and a slight temperature. And not sleeping well. Saturday night I noticed popped blisters on the bottom of her feet and heals. Hand, foot and mouth? Super contagious and wondering if Jane will get it...

And miss Jane. She was thrush free for 2 days when it flared back up again. AHHHHH! I seriously don't know what else to do at this point. I'm frustrated and feel like I'm failing at helping her. I have a lot of friends who use essential oils and so we've been trying that {for Austin too because his allergies have been so bad. Especially at night and isn't sleeping well.} The past few days it has gotten worse. She is having a hard time eating {because of pain} and then cries and cries until she spits up most of what she ate. My heart is so sad for this bebe girl. Kurt gave her a blessing today after church and her 2 month check-up is tomorrow so I'm praying for some answer and a path of health and relief for her.

 Jane is 8 weeks old! Fussy and in pain this week. But still slept well during the night {Thank You!}


 One of her only ways of comfort if my arms are going to give out: swinging and breathing in the essential oils {defuser is on the ground next to the swing.}

 Using the purple dye again to try and kill the thrush {yet again.}

And Jane's helper and protector.

Ruth is a great early morning helper. 


~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- We had quite a few thunder storms this week and A LOT of rain. Lucy woke up one morning and told me, "the car is sweating."
- During FHE Spencer asked, "what's a Mormon?"  "Spencer, you are a Mormon." "Oh."
- Kurt was asking about the behavior of some kids in Spencer's primary class. "Well if you looked at a graph of their behavior it would be one below the other boy."
- This was a conversation at dinner: The hen sitting on the eggs again. Oh good I want some chicks. We can't get chicks because we don't have a rooster anymore. Why do you need a rooster? You need a boy and girl to make a baby. How? On magic school bus they fertilize the egg. Yes, it's called sperm. Ok let's buy some sperm and dump it on top of the eggs to get chicks.
- Lucy current laugh is either making the exact sound of HAHA or HEHE

3 comments:

Karen and Roger said...

I'm glad you have little helpers with Jane. The pictures are so cute! You better go buy some sperm so you can have baby chicks! ;)

Ben and Elaine said...

Elaine says;
The Roman Reflections are too much! I love the hen and rooster conversation... hilarious. What did we do for entertainment before kids? :)

Sounds like you guys are busy with activities. It's great you and Austin are running together. I hope Jane and Austin get better soon.

TulsaT said...

Have you tried probiotics for Jane? I have seen and heard of lots of moms using them to help with thrush. Just a suggestion.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...