Tuesday, September 17, 2013

W37: The wheels on the Bus

September 8-14, 2013

I AM the bus makin those wheels go round and round all through the town.

Picture by Ruth from our time at the library on Wednesday. 

I remembered this week how busy life is during the school year. All the activities are in full swing and so are the wheels on our bus.

Monday I made 4 trips to Ontario. And spent $100 in gas. That Ontario rental sure sounded like a great idea...Jane had her 2 month check up. Beside the awful dreaded thrush she looks good. Weighs 10.5 currently {is in the 25% for height and weight.} We also got a prescription for our 3rd antibiotic. Praying for a miracle here.

We did have Girl Scouts that afternoon but it was only to practice for the bridging ceremony that evening. My kinder was uBer excited to be joining the Girl Scout troop. She was grinning beyond measure. Its a good reminder for me to be excited. ;) 

As soon as it was over we rushed back to Vale and met Marti and on the road and she took Spencer and Ruth to clogging while the rest of us went home to grab dinner for the missionaries {that Kurt took into the church for the Elders to eat. Kurt had a FFA event to attend. He took Lucy and Spence with.} I grabbed Ruth and we went back to Ontario for the GS ceremony. It was short and sweet {perfect.} Emma will be a Brownie again this year and Ruth is just joining as a Daisy. I will be a Cadette leader this year {grades 6-8} and I'm excited about that.







Here are pictures of my sick baby at 2 months. I really debated about taking them again another day when I could get a smile. But this has been her reality and its important to capture it as it is. Not every day {or month} is perfect and full of rainbows and roses.





Tuesday morning was Lucy's FIRST gymnastics class. We bought her a purple leotard {her choice} and she LOVED every minute of it. Especially the rings. She can hold on for just about forever. This will be a fun little outlet for her.





Emma started Art with Sister Wolfe again while we did Cub Scouts. There seemed to be lots of tears all around {from my children.}

Ruth had her FIRST show & teach this week. Her day is on Wednesday. She really, Really, REALLY wanted to bring the large ballerina that Santa gave her. It has needed surgery for quite some time {both legs were hanging by a string.} Ruth begged me to sew it up so she could take it. So at 11 pm Tuesday night I finally fixed that larger than life ballerina. I have never seen someone SO EXCITED about Show and Tell before.

She is not the cutest?!!

I apologized to the teacher after school about bringing such a big item. She said it was great because she taught the class something. When I asked her about it she said,  "I showed them a dance and then I did a silly move and everyone laughed." {giggling}

Wednesday is our busiest after school activity day. Piano right after school for the oldest three with Sister Oakes. The little girls and I went to the library.



Then Emma has ballet at 4 and Spencer gymnastics at 4:45. Every other week we rush Emma back for Activity Days at the church.

I'm really trying to maintain an early bedtime for the little girls. It helps prevent meltdowns. Jane's fussy time seems to be all through dinner prep until bedtime. It makes me frazzled to do it all by myself with a baby wailing through it all. By Thursday she started to SMILE again. I didn't know she could be so happy! Friday she sat on the couch and watched me work out for 25 minutes. Smiling and cooing the entire time. That is unheard of! It made me realize how poorly she's felt for so long.






Ruth continues to love her ballet on Thursdays in Nyssa. Lucy has worn her leotard almost every day. This is an every day scene after school:


Friday after school and Saturday we worked on chores and enjoying the freedom to NOT go anywhere. I finally put all the pictures in Ruth's baby book {thank you Project Life!} I still have lots of journaling to do but grateful to have the structure of it done. I have one very happy daughter. She is looking at it constantly. 


We are still on a quest for health. Kurt got sick towards the end of the week and missed a few workouts as he is trying to survive. I am happy with my overall good feeling of health. Its exciting to see the kids happy and healthy too.


Spencer and Lucy can be found doing moves from our workout at random times. It always makes me smile.


 And more pictures of 2 month old Jane who is now SMILING. Thank you for praying for her behalf.



 I'm enjoying getting to know her now that she is feeling better. 
~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Emma is loving this photo editing app on my phone called Rhonda Designs. She takes a selfie and then embellishes it. So cute, don't ya think?!
- Ruth was coloring a picture of a school bus {shown at the top.} "What color are windows? Oh, I remember when you broke it the car window. The glass all over the ground was BLUE!"
- Ruth comes home every day singing Spanish or repeating a phase over and over. My favorite was when she was singing the ABCs in Spanish. "Can you down load this song on your phone so I can learn it?"
- Lucy asking me constantly throughout the day, "what can I do?"
- Austin's commercial
At dinner one night Emma asked someone to pass the seizure dressing.
- If Ruth and Emma Lynn are have a discussion {heated or otherwise} Spencer will walk by and say, "Ladies, ladies you're both pretty."
- Kurt and I were talking after church and the next thing I know he had passed out.

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

The picture of Kurt is so sad. :( Hopefully he gets better!

Where did Spencer come from with witty lines like that? lol! Your kids are so funny!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...