Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Flying to new heights

April 21-26, 2014

Due to the effects of life this is one of the week where we are remembering the highlights only. And in bullet form:

Monday
- Emma woke up and puked. Many times.
- One of those I-gotta-be-flexible moments when you have to just roll with it.
- I had a lunch meeting with Cadettes couldn't get out of....SO...I left Emma home with the girls. Jane napped and Lucy watched a movie.
- It was a terrible meeting. Basically its been a terrible GS year and I'm a lame leader
- Sooo frustrated to leave sick kids for that cruddy meeting.
- Got home and whacked off Lucy's hair. Not a good idea to take out frustration on your kids hair
- Picked up kids late b/c of Emma. Didn't stay for soccer. Ready to be done with GS
Tuesday
- Cold, windy and rainy -spring has definitely arrived. YAY for rain. Praying it continues. It also provides some relief for Kurt.
- GS meeting. Grateful for a new day and a better outlook on life.
- Late getting back to Vale for scouts. Cub Scout hot dog and capture the flag at Sheryl's house. The boys loved it though very windy and cold.
- That night I baked a hundred airplane sugar cookies.

Wednesday
- My dear daughter helped me frost cookies at 6:45 am. I adore her helping hands.
- Airplane activity. Something we had been arranging for weeks, months.
- The set-up for this took the entire day. Krystal watched the girls in the morning.
- Nancy and Kelli helped with kids in Ontario after school. Kurt was able to pick them up from activities on his way home from Parma. Tonia was great help me at the church even after her stuff was finished.
- Our family was asked to be in the celestial room. It caused me a lot of stress to figure out how to make that work with the kids {it was too long a time for Lucy and Jane to remain reverent and Kurt and I would be busy running around making the activity flow.} Kerri helped by staying with the kids in the mother's lounge until it was time for them to come in.
- It seemed to be a great success. I'm just grateful for everyone's help and that it is over!




Thursday
- The spring storms continue. Lots of rain, hail and flooded roads in Ontario as we waited for Spencer to finish karate and Emma to work on a Spanish project.
- Girls Camp meeting that evening in Nyssa

Friday
-Delivered cookies to those who helped with the crash activity
- Picked up the kids early from school so I could get them home in time for Kaitlin to watch them while Kurt and I went on a super date.
- Parts run {of course}, drop off Cub Scout Day Camp registrations, temple, dinner and Wicked.
- so much fun and Kurt enjoyed it!! My most favorite musical. I could watch it a million times. I am grateful for a husband who will come and enjoy things like that with me. {side note: when we arrived the tickets wouldn't scan. Looking at them closer it was the wrong date. The tickets were for April 18. I could NOT believe it. I was ready to cry. They took us over to the ticket counter and we trying to get it worked out. They took really good care of us. We ended up with amazing seats on the floor center stage. WOW, that could not have worked out any better.}





Saturday
- Soccer games at 8:45 {Austin lost} and 11:45 {Spencer won against Vale. Woot Woot} We went to Denny's in between.
- Emma stayed in the car with Jane both games which was so nice {super windy}
- Got a longish run in. Picked up a dog on the route that I could not get rid of and had to cut it short.
- Cotillion and Stake Dance in Nyssa. The kids were very wired, it was a weird vibe


 "I picked a rose for you Mom!"


~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- "If you were a girl I would not date you." Spencer said to Kurt after they had a conversation about hairy armpits.
- Family Friday "frozen" stage for Lucy and Coraline. The room was cleared of tables and chairs for an assembly and Lucy was in heaven running about belting out, "Let it Go!" She knows all the songs and is singing them C O N S T A N T L Y.
- "I can't believe you would get married to someone after knowing them for one day." Runs away. Stops and turns around, "That was from Frozen."

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...