Tuesday, July 1, 2014

MAY you find JOY

April 27 - May 2, 2014

Sunday we had the missionaries over for dinner. It was awkward. Like most ever. Oh dear. Grateful for children who keep things lively and entertaining.

Lucy promptly feel asleep after they left. 6:30 bed time is not a bad thing and Elaine would be so proud of me! Hahaha

Kea spent the morning with us on Monday. We met up with Kym at the Willowcreek Cafe for lunch {my first time haha.} We loved having Kea. Lucy especially enjoyed the attention.

Girls Scouts was slightly better this week. Counting down till we are done for summer. And strongly evaluating my involvement and time spent volunteering... time has become a very precious thing.


Monday night Austin informed me that his science homework was to make sugar cookies {smart teacher.} 5 different kids were all making sugar cookies using the same recipe but different kinds of eggs or substitutes {applesauce.} Austin mixed everything together and I helped him roll out the dough and get them on the pan. That was some good after-the-siblings-go-bed-bonding. Tuesday after school he was very happy to report that his cookies received 48 votes {out of 50} blowing the competition out of the water.

Allergies kicked in big time this week for me making life miserable as it always does in the spring and fall. Popping pills like crazy to try and avoid a sinus infection. I even took a nap Tuesday morning, shocker!

The cub scouts {thanks to Sheryl} planted flowers for their moms. Love these cute BFCCS {best friend cousin cub scouts.}


The kids are preparing for their spring performance at school {which is next Friday.} They talk about that and the talent show daily. Spencer has changed his talent show act probably 6 times already. Oh to have the dilemma of so much talent you can't decide what to do!

The 2/3 AND 4/5 grades had their field trips on Wednesday. The 2/3 grade went to the zoo to finish their endangered animal unit. 4/5 went to the Owyhee field days. Unfortunately for me I had told a friend that I would watch her two little girls while she had to go to court  l o n g  before we knew about the field trips. I've never missed a field trip and debated what to do. Ultimately I decided my friend was in greater need - I have NO problems finding excuses to go play with the kids {and therefore can do something with all of them at the later time.}

I also had plans to leave Ontario at 3:30 for my BYU Women's Conference weekend. As the day progress it kept getting later and later and still no word from my friend. I'm so grateful for good friends in Ontario that I could call to help pick up kids when it was obvious I wasn't going to get to Ontario in time. A little after 4 they got done and I was finally on the road. Just as I get to Ontario my babysitter who was picking up the kids from the piano teacher texted that she had just left Boise. Ahhhh. So I grabbed Emma from ballet early and took her to Nancy's so all the kids were together for whenever Erica got there. Cra-RAY-yee. Glad I was still in the area so it could all work out. Was I ever going to get down the road?? I met Maria in Meridian, gassed up the car and we were off! {{finally!}} We dropped off Lucy and Jane in Hyrum with Elaine (cannot thank you enough!!) We arrived in Lehi where Maria's sister, Anna lives at 12:30 am.

I LOVE Women's Conference. What a feast. It is a treasure and strength to me. I love sharing it with friends. So wonderful to see Andrea again too.

Things I want to remember:
- The theme of GRACE
- Sister Sheri Dew's talk opening session Thursday morning. What is grace? Beautiful, stirring and heart felt. It really set the mood of the conference for me.
- The anxiety to be a good navigator on BYU campus.
- Buying more drugs {thank you bookstore} to endure
- The ahh haa class: The Words We Speak. 2 souls are nurtured in the process of parenting.  Seek a mother's heart and use a mother's voice. A mother's voice is a direct communication of what our Father in Heaven would want to say to His children.
- Feelings spiritual overload by the closing session {who knew that was possible}
- Making a spirit led list of what I want to do when I get home
- Finally eating a costa vida salad
- "I love everything about you"
- Spending time with Maria's sisters that evening
- Amazingly most uncomfortable bed and pillow I've tried to sleep on. E-vah. After four hours finally fell asleep by getting rid of all pillows on the bed, using the duvet as a pillow and switching sides of the bed. Exhausting.
- Opening session of presidents from the general presidencies {Sister Burton, Oscarson and Wixcom.} What binds us together as sisters is our experiences of the atonement.
- I can't skip class
- Shopping at the bookstore
- Marriage class that brings more gratitude than list of things to "fix"
- The Main Thing
    is to keep
The Main Thing
The Main Thing
- Closing session by Elder and Sister Cook. The rewards of righteous
- Feeling alone and reflection on relationships
- No good thing will be withheld from those who walk uprighteously


We met up with Jen at the Provo temple and slowly made our way out of Provo and up north. We picked up the girls from Elaine. Sweet reunion. Thank you so much Elaine!! From that point I sat in the back in between the girls and their car seats. It was cozy. Lucy was excited and so eventually I pluged her into the Kindle which she stayed glue to until 2 am. Ahhhhh. Since we were traveling with others I let her. Beyond ridiculous. How does she not get tired??!!  Maria picked up her car in Meridan, I dropped off Jen and finally got home at 3:30 am.

We all agreed that Austin's 8:45 soccer game could be skipped in favor of cuddles and Lego construction. Emma, Ruth, and I went to Spencer's game at 11:45 {mainly because he was in charge of snacks that day!} Always good to be home and now the strength to make the changes I felt inspired to focus on. Grateful heart to everyone who helped so I could go. Endless love.

Emma doing Ruth's hair while I was gone.

PS Friday was the all time favorite and highly anticipated Dia de los Ninos. My sweet friend Angelica texted me a pic of each of the kids because she knew I was out of town. She knows me well {pictures are my love language!}




~~~ Romans Reflections ~~~
- The kids were talking about the new gym at the school and were amazed that it is almost completed. They told me to hire the same builders to finish our apartment in the shop!
- I was tucking Emma into bed and I thanked her for being so awesome. "I can't stop being awesome. I was born this way."
 So true and I'm going to remind you of that every day and maybe more than once a day when enter those doubting years...
- The best way to eat noodles:

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...