Tuesday, July 1, 2014

All About Austin

April 13 - 19, 2014

Sunday was Elaine's 30th birthday!! We felt pretty honored she was with us on this big day. She is an amazing lady and we are blessed to have her in our lives. She woke up to a few of the Romans family traditions.

I made this oddly special fruit cake creation {she doesn't eat sugar and sadly I was out of toothpicks so my vision was compromised. But Elaine is ever gracious and didn't laugh too loud or long.


During sacrament meeting Spencer received the Holy Ghost. Those that stood in the circle were: Grandpa Bill, Grandpa Romans, Jeff Romans, Jeff Bair, Dan Ruf, Doug Ruf, Ed Anthony, and Bishop Froerer.

After church we had a celebration for all four of the baptized kids at a potluck dinner at Willow Creek school. It was perfect because I love the Jacobs family and we don't get together often enough. Grandma Renae told me how much she enjoyed it afterwards. Lots of good people celebrating great kids. Having it at the school gave the kids a place to go while the adults visited with plenty of room. Emma's Event made a cute decoration table, it turned out great.




Spencer was overjoyed to receive his own quad


Fun gift from Grandma Nae


Baptism towel from Maggie

We said good-bye to the Farnsworths that night as they had plans to leave early in the morning. These cousins are silly {the two year olds have so much energy - they never hold still for a minute!}


Thanks for coming aunt Elaine. We love you!

While we wait during soccer practice. Lucy runs around like a crazy and the girls love on Jane.

Tuesday Jane had her 9 month check up. She weighs 20 pounds and continues to look great on the growth chart and meet milestones with no concerns from her parents or Dr. Love that baby. She's pretty chill. The kids were trying to teach her how to crawl before dinner. It was amusing to watch. She was like, "no way but I think you're funny. Keep trying!"



On Wednesday we had Michelle, Alison and Paige over for a play date. I had a great visit with Michelle. I am amazed by her strength. Lucy on the other hand was struggling with basic manners like kindness. She loves on babies{i.e. Jane} too much and they hate it. Praying I help teach her. She keeps calling baby Paige, "Sage." At least she got along with Alison.


Thursday was Austin's 11th Birthday!! 
He is getting all kinds of big these days. This boy is growing up.


He really really wanted to have a friend party this year. He hasn't cared much in years passed so it seemed like a reasonable thing. He wanted to invite his friends to go to Dart Warz in Meridian after school on Friday. I decided to go with the Arrow / Dart / Target theme for his birthday. And what's even better - he was to receive his Arrow of Light that evening at the pack meeting. He didn't want to miss school {friends are very important} but he did give me the okay to pick him up for lunch. He choose Subway at the park with Kiwi Loco for dessert {Thank you Kelli for watching the little girls so we could enjoy some one-on-one time together.}




After school when Spence was at karate I finished up the birthday game. We had one hour from the time we got home until we had to leave for the pack meeting. He opened his presents first. The most important items were a big nerf gun {this was a big step for me} and a bow and arrow. I had made a birthday bullseye board {out of the tri-fold carboard stands for science fair projects.} Using his new items he had to complete 11 different challenges to stay on birthday target. Gratefully he had fun. We ran out of time to complete them all before the pack meeting but I noticed that he finished them up later and even did them again in the following days. 








The pack meeting seemed long. Whatever. Spencer and Braxton both received their Bobcat award. These eager beaver scouts were beaming with pride at this achievement. Spencer told Greg, our scoutmaster, that it was Austin's birthday so everyone sang to him. He enjoyed that. At the end he and Briggs Marvin received their arrow of light awards. Our ceremony is not that exciting but he does involve getting A LOT of candy bars so the boys thinks its pretty cool. Austin had a great cub scout experience. I'm grateful that I could be there to share it with him. He is excited to start the next journey into 11 year old scouting and I know it is because Cub Scouts has been so successful. Happy/Sad milestone. Great job Austin!!






We had cake and ice cream when we got home. Austin is talented, smart, witty and very capable. He is a baby whisper and responsible when applied. He is my baby and loves to give me hugs. I appreciate and cherish his affection as he started to get taller and taller. I love this boy. I hope to continue to develop a relationship of love and trust with him. Thanks for bringing me the greatest opportunity of being a mother. Thanks for letting me take this joyous ride together. I LOVE YOU!






Friday after school was Austin's birthday party. Directly after school I loaded up my suburban full of 11-12 year old boys. It was super interesting to be the fly on the wall and hear everything that went on. For the most part very good kids. I'm so grateful. Grateful Spence was allowed to come too. They only have one brother. At one point Austin said, "My friends think my mom is more cool than me." I tried not to laugh but mainly just felt good that Austin, himself still likes me around his peers. Before heading to Meridian we had to feed these boys. Taco Bell. $40 worth of tacos later we were on the road. The rest of the night I was just the driver. They had a great time, walking away all hot and sweaty with goofy smiles. hahaha




Saturday morning the Easter bunny arrived. Candy and movies were the biggest hit. Then it was a quick change to head to soccer games. Austin's game was later that afternoon and Emma had her first birthday party to throw in Westfall so he stayed with the Masons until we were finished.









Emma's Events put together Brooke and Mollie's horse/cowgirl birthday. The plans were all her own, I helped minimally. She completely did the cupcakes on her own. When I came back from Austin's birthday party Friday night she had them all made. In the morning before leaving for soccer she piped them all. I love her determination and drive. She is an organized girl. I helped her set up the decorations and then after everyone arrived she took it away.









They went bobbing for apples, 















Sack races {Ruth won!} 


















Pin the ribbon on the pony

















Photo booth {this was made by Brooke's Grandma Nae}








Relay races with swim noodle ponies she had made for each kid.


It was great! I'm grateful for the experience and success she had. Thank you Marti for the opportunity!! Now she's asking me, "How do I get the word out? What's the next thing I can plan?"


When we got home that evening we dyed Easter eggs. 










---Romans Reflection---
- Lucy asks, "can I have a gorilla bar?"
- subways so awesome it doesn't need a billboard - Austin
- why is Lucy so crazy? She gets it from dad.
- Spence was in the back of the car shaking as fast as he could. When I asked what he was doing he said he was trying to not think 
- Conversion I overheard:
K: are you and Daniel still friends? Do you still talk to him? Are you mad at him?
L: Only girls stop talking to each other
- On his birthday "stronger" came on the radio. "What doesn't kill you makes you 11. I went from 10 to 11!"
- Ruth loves long hair now and wants hers to grow. Hoping for styles like Marie Grace and full buns.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...