Tuesday, July 21, 2015

All About JANE

July 5 - 11, 2014

Sunday 07.05
I love summer sunsets


After church Austin and I started packing for scout camp. They had a very long and detailed list of everything they need to bring {which is good, I want him to be prepared.}


 He was pretty excited about the two jars of trail mix he made.
He may have added his sunflower seeds directly in with the rest. yum

Then we took his gear into the church to load up in preparation for their early departure the next day. I think the main reason was to get the boys back into town to help take down the flags in town from the 4th of July. It was good to give some patriotic service.



 Ruth and I relaxing in the heat while the scouts loaded up tents. 

Monday 07.06
Kurt and Austin left at 5:15 am to meet his troop and take off. Gratefully Kurt had volunteered to help drive them up. That was a little comforting {I was hoping he could make a midweek check on him.} Not going to even try to lie or hide the fact that it was VERY hard to send him away for an entire week. Apron strings are a very real thing. Kurt was very good to get some pictures for me after they got settled into camp.



That afternoon we took Amber out to lunch since she was moving to Boise that evening. She has a job at D.I. and needs to have experience on her own if she wants to serve a mission. The kids were silly, per usual.

We took dinner over to Kelli and family so we could meet Baby Coleson John. He is so perfect and thankful such a good baby. We are so happy for Kelli & family.

At dinner that night we were talking about Lucy expressive face and eyebrows. 
She was happy to demonstrate for us. 
Tuesday 07.07
Happy 4th birthday to Daniel. Kurt and I decided to escape for an overnight temple trip (to celebrate our engage-aversary month.} I picked up Alyssa Forsberg that afternoon to stay with the kids overnight. I left my phone with her so she could contact us {or her mom!} We went to the temple first and did intitories. Kurt was able to the work that Austin had started. It is such a cool progress. Then we met up to buy another Craig's List item for Jane's birthday. Luckily this one was not a crazy adventure like last week. We had time and Kurt's undivided attention {WOW} so he suggested we go furniture shopping. We went to RC Willy and spent a lot of time there. It was fun. They were having a great appliance sale - our washer & dryer that we have had since we got married is on its last leg {the dryer clunks and the spin cycle doesn't always work.} So we picked out an amazing washer, dryer and deep freeze {because we will be leaving our amazing walk-in freezer.} WHOAH. I could hardly believe we were buying new appliances. Since they were waiving the delivery fee we decided to go check out the bedroom set. We ended up finding a bedroom set that we both loved. I had presented the idea a month before that I would really like to get a bedroom set for our 15 years. I'M SO EXCITED!!! Everything will be delivered August 5th in Nyssa. We had dinner and checked into the Anniversary Inn. Romeo & Juliet suite. We both agreed that the Sleeping Beauty suite was better.



this is a picture of our bedroom set!!!

Wednesday 07.08
Alyssa did a great job with the kids. It was fun to get texts like this & a video of Lucy jumping on Spencer's mattress.
  
Before coming home we did some grocery shopping at Winco in preparation for the freezer meals Brittney and I were doing together. We got home, hugged the kids and then started rounding up all the supplies for our meals and then headed to the Forsbergs house. In 4 1/2 hours we made 16 crock pot freezer meals. It makes me giddy excited. How great is that! It will make life so much easier {especially this fall when school starts.} We hope to do this on a regular basis.


That evening Patty came to look at our house {she is the neighbor who is buying our house. I'm praying and exercising a lot of faith it will all happen.} We had brought Baylea and Jonathan home with us so the rest of their family could do mutual. came during mutual. The girls were happy to do SPA DAY with Baylea since they had it all set up.



Thursday, 07.09
Jane's 2nd birthday! I was so grateful it was her birthday that was happening while our house and lives {at least mine} were disorganized & dysfunctional with the upcoming move. She is young enough that all the normal things didn't matter. And I was grateful. I spent 15 minutes the night before creating a few decorations to go with our theme, "We love you TWO pieces!"



Good Morning Birthday Girl!!


We told her that her first present was outside. {This was the Craig's List item we had bought.} She saw it through the window and went running, "My clubhouse, my clubhouse!!"

 It was definitely a hit & she played out there all morning. 

At 1 pm we met our cousins, Forsbergs & Drapers outside the Vale Pool for a Popsicle party. 

We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming. People came and left as they needed. But everyone I invited came. Even Julie and Kelli with their babies. I was so happy about that. It was perfect. Everyone had fun together & it was such an easy get together for me to plan. 








 The moms :)








I had bought a lot of Popsicle. We ate them until they were all gone on the drive home. Jane may have been in heaven & it now addicted to Popsicles. hahaha

We brought Ambrie home with us because Kurt was headed to Nyssa that evening for a meeting. He took both of the girls and Emma & Ambrie created & crafted to their hearts content while he was at the meeting. Before the meeting though we had dinner {hamburgers} and presents, cake & ice cream.
                                                 
                                                             Spencer's tasty chip sandwich











 Her lips got too close to the flame & it scared her. 

Austin was at scout camp, Emma went to Nyssa, Marti took Spencer & Ruth to play. I gave the little girls a bath and they were watching a show while I was cleaning up. They didn't even get through the previews before I found them passed out.  Birthdays are exhausting.

Jane is so much fun and just so cute. We all adore her. 
Happy Happy Birthday JBUG. Thanks for completing our family. WE LOVE YOU!


Grateful for a scout leader who texted a few pictures of my boy!

This was the shelter he build for wildness survival. Kurt said, 
our son would not survive in the wilderness. Austin agreed when he got home. 

Friday, 07.10
Girl Scout Day Camp. I was so overjoyed that we didn't have our typical 3 day camp this year. They went to Roaring Springs on Thursday {we opted out for Jane's birthday.} Friday Joan had the day planned with activities at the school. We started with engineering activities, then divided up into groups to make lip gloss & peanut butter. We had lunch, water fight & then made strawberry jam. During the jam making Jane & I snuck out to run a few errands {including turning in 4H books.} We left shortly after to pick up Spencer & Lucy from Marti's. I was grateful she was able to watch them.
It was a great day. Joan did a great job planning a fun & education Day Camp!

                                       








Homemade peanut butter









                                            

That evening the kids and I drove over to Fruitland to watch Teagan play in his baseball tournament. And although he didn't win it was great to see that awesome young man. It was a bonus to have great weather and soft green grass to play in.




Saturday 07.11
What is the best way to beat the heat? An early morning water fight, that's what!

TODAY IS THE DAY THAT AUSTIN FINALLY COMES HOME!!! I was slightly ready and overjoyed at the idea. We made him a banner and cleaned up {both things are very important to him.} I was expecting him to get home around 2 or 3. How excited I was to receive a call from the scout master after lunch, My son's squeaky voice trying to be deep and manly said,  "Hello. This is Victor Noble. We have decided to stay at camp Morrison for another week. Thank you and good bye." Oh how I missed that goof ball. What a sweet reunion! 



These little girls were SO excited to see Austin!



Austin was so dirty and stinky. I sent him to the shower straight away. When taking his clothes out of his pack to wash them I was amazed and disgusted with how much dirt fell on the floor. This is the swept up pile from his clothes alone. I dumped another cup full out of the bottom of his bag. wow
Austin report on scout camp:
I enjoyed Scout Camp. I completed 4 Merit Badges: Rifle Shooting, First Aid, Emergency Preparedness, and Wilderness Survival; and I almost got Environmental Science. I got my Totin' Chip and bought 2 pocketknives while I was there. I would strongly recommend Scout Camp to anyone who wants to go.

 We cleaned up and headed to Nyssa. There was a stake dance & cotillion that evening. My last and Austin's first. We planned to teach Jorge the first missionary lesson {with food} an hour before the cotillion started. Unfortunately he didn't show but Nathan did, ready to teach. He is a good kid. And that's a real life missionary experience for him. You get stood up.

McKenzie came to the cotillion. It was so great to see her again!!

The cotillion was as awkward and comical as I expected it to be. HAHAHAHA. He survived dancing with girl and had fun in the process. He was not afraid to be himself during the freestyle fast dances. Kudos to him for that. I hope its a trait he'll always have. 

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...