Monday, July 20, 2015

America I LOVE you

June 28 - July 4th

Thank goodness for a late starting branch. It allowed the kids to put together their "Daddy Dearest Cafe" complete with entertainment before he left for meetings.They decorated, cooked and planned their acts all on their own. We LOVE our DAD!

 Decorations by Emma 




Pancakes by Austin & eggs by Emma 

 Tool art by Ruth 
 Dance by Lucy 

 Rittles by Austin 
 Magic by Spencer


Kurt asked all our trek kids to speak in sacrament about their trek experience plus our 3 Branch youth. I was just ecstatic to see my kids again. McKenzie couldn't come and Nathan was in Arizona but the other 5 were there.  Happy reunion! They all did a great job. Kailee gave her testimony in Spanish that her brother {Spanish speaking RM} helped her write out. The highlight was Austin who translated his talk into Spanish by himself! What a stud. Afterward we had cake & ice cream.


We drove straight to Grandma Romans house to have dinner with her. It was incredibly hot. The kids are drawn to water like bees to honey. Even if its not turned on. Spencer may or may not have been soaked to the core in his church clothes. Oh dear. Crazy enough by the time we left he was completely dry.

Monday I worked on the shed. I was in there all day. I got a lot done but it was hot, dirty work. Gave away a lot of stuff and threw away a lot more. Yay for moving. :/

While I was working the kids did play dough, moon sand and jumping on the tramp with the hose.





Somehow our FHE always end up like this. My kids tell me our family motto is "Embrace the Chaos"

Tuesday we wanted to support Kailee during her volleyball tournament in Middleton. Plus it sounded like a lot more fun than packing.  We watched "Home" at the dollar theater, did a little shopping and then headed to her game. The Middleton gym was so impressive and the kids had fun exploring while I cheered. It was great to support that girl!




On the way home we stopped at the pool to go swimming with the Bairs. We were finally able to get some of the Johnson's  shaved ice. It was a hit!



Emma's dance friend Kolette was there 



Wednesday morning the boys had their dental cleaning! Horray for no cavities!! Afterwards we unloaded all my preschool stuff to Hot Shot gymnastics {in exchange for class tuition for Lucy this fall.}

 Jane was adorable and winning over the hygienists with her charms. 

That evening we attended the rodeo. It was the first night, family night. Usually the safest night to go {a little less drunks than other nights.} Austin still had scouts. I remember just as I dropped him off at the church that he needed his swim suit because they were headed to the pool to work on their swimming requirements. Of course we didn't bring his swim suit. So I went back home to get it. Oh why do we live so far out? I was able to help drive boys to the swimming pool by the time I got back. Austin walked over to the rodeo after he finished scouts.

All of that took an hour. The rodeo was enjoyable {as they can be} with friends and family there. We didn't leave until it ended at 11:40 The kids always enjoy it.








So I had this brilliant idea that it would be great to have lockers in my mudroom in our new place. I don't want to put a ton of hooks, screws, etc... into the wall since we are renting. Plus I love the idea of being able to shut the door and individualized space. So I started searching on Craig's List. There were not a lot available. I found some that I thought would work perfectly and contacted the seller. She said they were showing them tomorrow morning at 10 am. They were at a business and we needed to come when the business was closed. I thought it was odd that a business was closed at 10 o'clock in the morning but whatever. It worked for my schedule so I didn't think anything more of it. Thursday morning I got Kurt's pick up and headed to Boise. When I arrived at the address given me I just started laughing, it was a strip club, "The Torch Lounge." Just my luck. I had brought Austin to help with the moving, lifting but after I saw the destination I told him to stay in the pick up. He turned around and saw where we were and said, "I don't want to get out!" I'm so thankful he brought his Harry Potter book. Jane and I walked up to the door and were greeted by someone, "You must be here for the lockers, we don't get many women & children in this place." Hahaha I looked at the lockers {which the strippers had used to hold their belongs} and was excited that they would work perfectly. I was a little concerned about the man power to get them out. They were HEAVY. Shortly after a man came in and also decided to by some but he didn't have a truck to transport them. He was off to rent one. I suggested to help each other. I would transport his locker if he would in turn help me load mine. We made a deal and got busy. They called their muscular friend that worked next door to help too. It took about 2 HOURS to get loaded up, transport his and then load mine. Meanwhile my skin was crawling to be in such a place for so long. I just kept thinking about the poor girls that worked there - how do you get to a place where that becomes ok? It makes my heart sad. The ATM in Vale was down when I left town that morning, I knew they would want cash only. When I told the lady she said, "Oh we have an ATM right here." Why yes they did. And my transaction came out in $5 bills. AHHHH!!! Only I would have such adventures.

  
We headed to the movies to watch "Inside Out" {Austin had missed it when he was doing Richards Retreat with grandma and grandpa.} That was a good diversion after our adventure. It was a nice theater and Austin enjoyed the show.


Emma did a great job babysitting while we were gone. She even made cupcakes for the BBQ we were going to that evening at the Drapers. She had one cupcake left over that didn't fix into the pan. She decided to cook that cupcake in its tinfoil wrapper in the microwave. Oh wow. Every time you open the microwave you can smell burnt offerings. And the saddest part of all is that we are still using it. But rest assured we are not moving it with us! ;)

We had a great evening with the Drapers. We were carrying on the tradition of a birthday BBQ for the June birthday girls {even though technically it was July - whatever.} After dinner the girls played games while the adults visited. So grateful for family friends.



Kurt and I woke up at 3:30 am Friday morning to attend the temple with the Greens. It was great to visit with them. They are wonderful people. On our way home we got some groceries so we could go camping. When we got home we threw everything into the camper and loaded up. The past few 4th of Julys we have been up in the mountains enjoying the beauty of America. I have decided its a pretty great way to celebrate the 4th. This year the kids may have found it a bit unpatriotic to not do sparklers let alone even see a single firework. I'll look up a youtube clip for them.

We stayed exactly 24 hours in the mountains and it was perfect. We went up to Unity, Elk Creek. We had camped there before - 7 years ago - and were able to recreate a picture we took on a fallen log. Its amazing how much our family has changed in 7 years.


The weather was perfect. I was so happy to leave those crazy 3 digit temps. I even had to put on a sweatshirt at night. I love this camp ground because it is right by a creek. It was fun to explore and put our feet in the icy water. We played endless amount of card games {Phase 10 & Speed BO}, took nature walks, slept out under the starts {mom and dad} & roasted. All the important things.








































































No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...