Saturday, July 11, 2015

All About Lucy

June 14 - 19, 2015

Sunday night we finished reading The Book of Mormon again!


Monday started Day 1 of Dance Camp with Miss Amber in Vale. I worked with Miss Amber to bring a camp to Vale. I was so excited to offer so many girls such a wonderful experience so close to home. Miss Amber is a gem and we love her. I love being able to share. My own daughters were all extremely excited to dancing again!

 Lucy practicing her positions after class.





the kids were excited to receive their Spanish CTR {HLJ} rings during FHE.

Miss Amber and Ellie {her class helper} were staying in the lodge for the week. After dinner they saw mice over in the lodge. Ellie was already homesick & struggling so we moved them into the house & they took Emma and Ruth's room. That changed dynamics of the week because I needed to be a good host but they were great guests. In the end it was a good thing because we continued to keep Ellie busy and distracted through her homesickness, we got to know them better & it gave them opportunities to see the gospel in action as we lived our every day lives. It provided missionary opportunities as Amber asked questions without us doing anything different than we normally do. She is a wonderful lady & we are blessed by her friendship and generous nature. 


Tuesday after camp Austin babysat while Emma Lynn, Spencer and I went to Nampa to raid thrift store for trek clothing. We were rushing and scrambling to get kids from the branch signed up, and ready for the trek. There were definite miracles all along the way to make it happen.

 Spence had fun thrifting


Wednesday my ROCK STAR turned F O U R!!!

Tuesday night she said, "I can't wait to wake up for my fancy birthday breakfast!" Oh dear now the pressure was on! I set the mood with the decor and Kurt came through with these pancakes. 


She had been wanting a Rock Star birthday for months. I wasn't super excited about that idea but when I asked her what it meant to be a Rock Star she said, "FANCY & FAMOUS" I figured it was A-Ok for this cute girl.





The best way to celebrate your birthday is in the middle of dance camp. She got to ride to camp with Miss Amber & Ellie {like she did all week} and they made she feel extra special.

They sang to her & had donuts at the end of class. 

After Ruth's dance class {the last one} I brought all the cousins {Brooke, Mollie & McKenzie} out to the house for Lucy's party.

 Lucy was already there, on the stage {aka window seat} rocking out. 
Emma met the girls at the door and gave them their backstage passes to the concert
to meet the rock star LUCY.








We had our very own, ultra cool DJ in the house. 


At one point the DJ couldn't resist and had to take the stage.


Jane wanted to mix some tracks too





After the concert we had lunch followed by games that Emma had planned. 






 "Microphones"


We played "Catch the Rockstar"

 
"Swag Bag"
"Freeze Dance", "Show Off" {copy cat dance moves} & Karaoke to "Let it Go."

 Opening presents




 After I had finished cleaning up from the party I found the rock star passed out 
in true stardom fashion. Its a exhausting life to be a rock star!

Emma had the great idea to use cupcakes for the handle of the microphone. It sure did simply the cake process. While I was trying to finished the cake Jane got her finger smashed BAD in the door. I had never seen a smash so bad. I was worried about it being broken. She was so sad and in so much pain. It was breaking my heart. Emma took over finishing the cake. She is a keeper that one. Shortly after Kurt, Miss Amber & Ellie came home so we were able to have the family party. About that time Jane was also able to fall asleep.



Lucy got an Elsa AND Ana dress plus a long blonde wig. She was in dress up heaven. 
The unicorn scooter was also a great hit. 







Thankfully when Jane woke up hours later she was happy and able to move her finger.
 She too was excited about Lucy's presents!

I LOVE the life and excitement and Happiness Lucy brings to everything!! I know we must have been bored before she joined the scene four years ago. She is so fun and I just adore her to pieces. Happy, Happy Birthday Lucy!! We love you

Lucy's Favorite at 4

Food: Mac n Cheese
Color: Pink
Song: I am a child of God
Book: Pinkalious and the crazy hair day
Movie: Princess and the Popstar
Animal: Unicorn
Thing to do: Dress Up
Friend: Halle Draper

Thursday was the last day of dance camp. The last 15 minutes of class they preformed for the parents. It was perfect. The grins on their faces were priceless. That is why we do all this running around.



 WE LOVED THIS EXPERIENCE!!

In Ruth and Emma's class they earned beads on their necklaces for learning the dances, being helpful, knowing the names of positions, etc... Both of them had the most beads by the end of week, earning a prize!! I am so proud of their leadership & hard work!



After camp Lucy had her 4 year old check up. It also included a blood draw & 4 shots. She was not happy with me.

That evening I had our LAST trek planning meeting {it lasted just about forever.} Kurt was making visits with his presidency so the kids were babysitting. 
I received this picture from Austin during my meeting
He may have forgotten about the french fries in the oven. "Please don't be mad." LOL

Friday we finished up trek preparations, packing and shopping and father's day cards. It included the very important and necessary haircuts from Great Clips for the boys.

Saturday morning the kids and I left at 6 am for Idaho Falls. We were headed to Alyx's bridal shower. Unfortunately we had two stops and didn't get their in time but it turned out that Alyx herself was late so it all worked out perfectly. It was wonderful to see family. It was super of Carlie to host it.


Emma is constantly making signs to get truckers attention 
{the goal is to get as many honks as possible.}


 Alyx was happy to try on the wedding dress she had just bought. So gorgeous!

After the shower Elaine and Mom took my kids {minus Austin} and Lorna back to Utah. She was gracious enough to watch the kids while we went to trek. And do Richards Retreat with them.
 I knew they would have a wonderful time & it made it easier to drive away.  

Austin and I drove Grandma's car home. He was good to read to me from my handcart history book, "The Price We Paid." I made it to Twin Falls and then I had to pull over to take a nap. All these road trips were catching up to me. Austin had the kindle and played endless games while I snoozed in the back seat. I really didn't want to wake up but knew that eventually I had to. We stopped for food and two last minute trek items. Since it was Saturday night it was unnerving - this is our last chance to shop - do I have absolutely everything I need?!!?

 I love one-on-one road trippin with this kid!
We got home around midnight.

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
Lego creations from Austin inspired from our San Fran trip. The SEGWAY

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...