Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rascal Award

Yesterday Ruth earned the rascal award. Who would have guested it could happen from my sweet, ever-lovin rooster girl? She was still so sweet as she performed her rascalish acts that it gave her father and I great cause for alarm. Perhaps we are in for some excitement???

Episode ONE: She found a marker, proceed over to the piano, took off the cap, stood up and starting coloring 3 keys brown. Emma (the family police) quickly notified me of her status and I rushed to the scene. Naturally a washable marker so it was quickly and easily fixed. But she looked so cute doing this very mischievous act. She was standing on her tip toes, coloring in little strokes, bobbing her head to the plinking of the piano keys she was coloring.

Episode TWO: Kurt came home for lunch and we were at the table talking when he looked over at Ruth who was in the living room and said, "What is she eating?" Again I rushed to the scene because in theory there shouldn't be any food in the living room. She was drooling buckets of green slobber. I dug out 3 very large hard candies (that Spencer had been saving from Christmas.) She held another 3 in her hand. As soon as I dug them out of her mouth she popped another one in before I could pry them out of her hands.

Episode THREE: Emma notifies me again that Ruth is in the living room with all the wipes. I had opened a new box of wipes that morning and when I arrived in the living room the entire contents was on the floor. She was pulling them out in record speed. We are currently getting the wipes out of a zip-loc bag.

So after every event I asked her, "Ruth are you being a rascal?" She would look up at me and smile, then cheese out (with eyes squinting.) It is near impossible to resist that cheese.

And in Ruth's defense all of the episodes could have been avoided if objects had been put up higher or away. Looks like its time to reinforce that issue with her siblings.

Austin received an award during the Award Assembly today for finishing the kindergarten reading program. We found out he is the first kindergartner to do so. That's pretty awesome, way to go Austin!!

2 comments:

'T' said...

OH Rachel... What a cutie... your story sounded like the story of my everyday! They keep you on your toes, but it's FUN in a crazy way. Sure wish Eli and Rooster could terrorize the place together, MISSES. T

Dirk said...

Congratulations AUSTIN!!! How wonderful to be the first to finish the reading program in your school! Keep up the great work! We love you!

Hugs and cuddles to Ruth who is enjoying discovering her world!

Grandma Richards

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...