Saturday, June 20, 2009

Spontaneity

Being spontaneous isn't something that happens very often after you have kids. It's a bit harder to pick up and go on a whim. I still love to be spontaneous when ever I can.

Last week I had a fun opportunity. My grandma Karen was up in McCall, Idaho. They had booked their time share for the entire week and everything was paid for. Unfortunately they had to leave early. They hated to leave it open since they had already paid for it. Since I'm only 2 hours from McCall they gave me a call and asked if I wanted to use it. It would basically just cost the gas money to get there (since I could bring my own food to meals.) How could I turn down such a great and almost free get-away? Of course I couldn't! So I made plans to go Thursday through Saturday. Kurt met us up there Friday night.

Thursday we spent the day at Ponderosa State Park right there in McCall. We played on lake's sandy shore (even though it was a chilly morning of 54 degrees.) When for hikes on their great trails and swam. We had a wonderful time! Saturday morning we did some more hiking with Kurt. This is why I love summer ~ a great opportunity to get away came up and we took it! Thanks Grandma for helping us be spontaneous.



















4 comments:

'T' said...

what a fun get away! hey remember that white house on the drive by the river (it kinda looks like the dance's house) ?? it has a wrap around porch and you said once it was your dream house? guess what? it's for sale! you know what this means? you should move back to blackfoot (hee hee)... then we could have late movie runs, scrap booking parties, and whatever else you want to do! just teasin', but i do miss you to pieces and think of you a lot. you are a keeper. this is the longest comment i've ever left on a blog post, and it keeps getting longer and longer... :D T

Krystal said...

I love the pictures, too cute~~~

Dirk said...

The pictures are beautiful. Of course the grandchildren but also your scenery pictures were very nice. Thanks again for sharing w/us! Austin looks older to me. ugh I need to visit you!

Love to you!

Waite said...

Good for you! I LOVE McCall!!!!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...