Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Final Preparations

The F-I-N-A-L Countdown.

Can you hear me singing the 80's hit song by rock sensation EUROPE? Life is often much better expressed through song.

{{I totally had to google "the final countdown" to find out which super cool band sang it!}}

All the essential things have happened in our preparation for school. The time has come. The kids are ready.

Emma Lynn's Mommy Date
She was really so patient about this event. It got rescheduled about 12 different times. Finally it came down to Saturday because there were absolutely NO other free days left before school started!

Rooster woke up quite disoriented (it wasn't even 24 hours post surgery at this point.) She had had very vivid nightmares that night (I'm blaming the drugs) and was sooo scared of everything. She couldn't even walk down the hall without crying. Kurt had to {{pretend}} kill a bear about 30 times while my job was to {{pretend}} kill the monster only half a dozen times. Ya, I definitely didn't want to leave her with a babysitter in that condition...Emma was so gracious and thought it was a fabulous idea to have her come with us and it continued for the rest of the day. She loved having a true girls day out. Oh thank you Emma Lynn for making it easier and loving your sister like a friend and just being a sweet heart. {{that is exactly why I'm going to miss you!}}

We pretty much just went shopping. Emma Lynn loved it. We tried on clothes, shoes, and accessories and she exclaimed that ,"This is the best mommy date ever!" (It was just funny to me how different boys and girls are b/c that would have been torture for Austin!) She picked out her first day of school outfit. When she saw it she ran over, picked it off the rack and sighed, "Oh, this is just perfect! I love it. I will be so fancy for the first day!" {{cheese out.}}

We also saw "Ramona & Beezus" at the dollar theatre. I thought it was totally fitting since the sisters were out together. I loved the movie. I LOVE who they cast as Ramona. Very high recommendations from me.

LOL moment of the day: I just took my wallet and a little diaper pouch (it is the size of a diaper and I can fit about 3 diapers and a small flat box of wipes inside.) Emma had picked out Swedish fish for the movie at Shopko. So I put them inside the diaper pouch. When I was paying for the tickets Emma noticed that they also had Swedish fish for sale.

"Hey, I have that candy too." She proceeds to open the pouch and pull them out and shows me AND the theatre employee who was in the middle of selling me the tickets. I WAS SO MORTIFIED!!! The employee was clearly trying not to be as amused as he was and whispered to me, "I won't tell."

ya.
thanks.

Ahhh, the innocence of youth. We most definitely bought some overpriced popcorn.

Sunday after church we completed the mommy date by making some new bows and clips for school. I won't mention the fact that I completely broke my promise to myself and scared my daughter by crying. It's gonna be a long and emotional week. yikes.






Father's Blessings
Sunday night Kurt gave everyone a father's blessing. It is always so wonderful to feel the spirit so strongly in our home and to recognize and talk about it with our children. We are blessed beyond measure to have a righteous, loving, priesthood holder in our home.

Austin's blessing was powerful and much different that his previous school years. It talked a lot more about being spiritualy prepared than secular knowledge. It is the year of his baptism.

Emma Lynn was blessed to be a strength to her brother, to her teacher and to her mother. That she could look out for others and communicate.

I was blessed with patience and that I can focus on the one. To remember the Lord and turn to him often especially to counsel about raising my children.

VES Open House
This event was as anticipated as the first day of school. It help calms the anxiety to have your desk picked out, know who is in your class, put away your supplies and meet your teacher. Since we've accomplished all that we are in good shape.





Look at my girl. After I took this picture I was awe struck with her confidence and beauty. I'm so proud of the little lady she is becoming.


Emma Lynn and Mrs. Wagner {whom Emma has already made 2 cards for. ;)

And the last preparation...Austin surely couldn't start 2nd grade with a loose tooth. He himself pulled no.4

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love this post. EmmaLynn is surely growing up, but she's going to do so great at school! Her enthusiasm is awesome. Good luck today...will you survive? "He can do it, she can do it, why not me?" My favorite quote from my favorite show, Wipeout. Applicable in so many ways.

Ben and Elaine said...

Ah, I can't believe the mile stones you and the kids are going through. It made me teary eye reading about Emma and Austin growing up... Your blessings were wonderful. You are so blessed to have a righteous priesthood holder lead your family. Thanks for sharing and good luck to the kids this year!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...