Wednesday, August 25, 2010

the FIRST day

A TOTAL success!!!




Austin couldn't sleep {neither could his mother.} He came into our room at 2:30 AM to ask if it was time to get ready. Emma Lynn was bouncing around, up & down with THE biggest, cheesiest grin on her face. At 7:30 they were completely ready trying to prod us into the car so they wouldn't be late! How can you help but smile when there is so much excitement vibrating through our house?!!

A few times on the 3 minute drive to school Emma Lynn told me she was nervous. I reminder her about her father's blessing and that she can always pray at school.

Our game plan was to take Austin first and then Emma. It has started to get chilly in the mornings so Emma Lynn was cold and wanted to go to her class right away. In Austin's excitement he ran ahead and disappeared before I could tell him about the change in plans.

The little girl sitting next to Emma Lynn was bawling {uncontrollably} we when got there. I tried not to freak out {{is that really the best person for her to sit by???}} As her smile started to waive just a little I reminder her that she could help her be happy and she could be her friend so she wouldn't be sad. We hugged and I left.

I ran over to the second grade building to say by to Austin but Mrs. Anthony had already started class so I waved to him and let my very grown up school kids do their thang.

{notice them holding hands, awwww!}


You know I cried so we are not even going to go there.

Couponing saved my life that day.

Krystal and I loaded up the kids and headed over to Ontario and concentrated on the kids we had with us and getting amazing deals. We headed back to Vale so we could get Braxton and Brooke. After lunch we went back to Ontario to focus on diaper deals. We let the kids play at the park while we took turns at the store. Before I knew it it was time to pick up the school kids. It was the perfect distraction. {Thank You Krystal!}

I love the details that Emma Lynn gives. She talks easily and freely, a luxury I haven't had with Austin. Even her talking prodded him to talk more. I love it!

Austin said Mrs. Anthony is the BEST ever!

And Emma Lynn wanted to go home and go right to sleep so it would be time to go to school again!

It's going to be a fabulous school year.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...