Monday, August 30, 2010

Sweatin' 4 Sarah

My good friend Jamie's sister Sarah was diagnosed with stage 4 terminal cancer in June. Sarah is a sweetheart. It has rocked Jamie's world. It is so hard to understand.


{Sarah}

On Saturday some girls in Sarah's ward put on a fundraiser 5K race, "Sweatin' for Sarah." Jamie, Megan (her daughter) and I made a quick 24 hour trip to Salt Lake for the race. All the proceeds went to Sarah. She raised $15,000. There was more than 400people that came out to walk or run the race. It was amazing to be apart of something big and to see the love and support for Sarah.


{me, Jamie, & the other sister Becky}

It made for an intense weekend especially the first week of school but I'm glad I could support Jamie, Megan and Sarah. And on the plus side - road trips almost always help me appreciate Vale more. So true with this trip, I am so grateful for my life, my husband and the gospel. I'm a blessed woman.

1 comment:

'T' said...

bless you! and bless sarah.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...